Chapter 49

(N/m)'s POV:

I finally opened my eyes after what seemed like an eternity. Hearing nothing is the worst when you are forced to have your eyes closed. The room around me is dark, except for a flickering light above the chair I am securely strapped into. I squint at the annoying, hanging lightbulb. That would surely give me a headache in the near future. The illuminated portion of the area I can see has a tiled floor. I can't see any walls, so I don't know how big the room is. I can't see a door, either. I was practically surrounded by nothing. What a perfect situation to wake up to!

After a while, I heard the sound of something opening, and light flooded into the darkened room. The sudden lack of darkness caused my eyes to slowly adjust. So much for the migraine. In the center of light, there stood a man in front of me. "Awake, I see," he said. I stayed silent as I didn't know who he was. I already began to dislike him. "Not much of a talker, eh? That'll change." Was he going to torture me to get me to talk? Boo hoo. I wasn't going to say anything. I'm strong.

He walked over to my right, and there was a table with tools. The tools had blood spattered all over them. There was also a blood-soaked hand towel. From what I could tell, the blood was definitely not new. He begins cleaning the soon-to-be weapons to be used against my well being. Was this supposed to instill fear? I'm more curious than anything else.

When he finishes wiping away the old blood, he glances in my direction with his front towards the table, almost as if I was going to escape. He stares into the darkness near me. I turn my head to catch what he's staring at. There was nothing apart from a humanoid figure looking back at him. "What do you want?" he asks.

"Only to see your new captive, Boss," the figure said. The voice was feminine. He sighs.

"Go away, I'm busy."

"But you said that to me in front of the last prisoner."

"Don't you have anything else to do so you can stay away from me?" Wow, this guy's a total jerk.

"Nope! Otherwise, I wouldn't be here." The figure steps out into the light. Yup, definitely female. She looks at me. "This one's a cutie. What are you going to do with her?"

"None of your business. Leave."

"Alright alright, jeez, Boss." She leaves the room hurriedly. He sighs again.

"Excuse me while I go deal with her." He follows suit. It's not like I can get up and leave.