Trouble

Kai

We step into the house with fear on both of our faces.

When dad gets mad, he gets real mad.

"Mom..." I gulp as we walk into the dining room that holds mom making lunch.

She turns to me then looks at Anna whose shivering next to me.

"Hey Kai, whose your friend?" she looks back at me.

"Anna. And she's defiantly not my friend, she's just here so we can work on this project for history that's due Friday. Her parents are having a meeting being held at her house for the rest of the week soooo..." I cringe.

"Ohhh okay. Hi Anna! I'm Kai's mom, Elena" mom smiles which calms Anna down.

"Hi!" she returns the smile.

"Where is everyone?" I look around.

"They won't be home until later, they also took Maximus" she rolls her eyes and we laugh.

"Well we're gonna be in my... room" I say awkwardly.

"Ok, lunch will be ready in a bit" she turns back around.

I walk up the stairs while being followed by little light footsteps behind me. Once we make it to my room I pull out a huge piece of paper we can huge for the platform.

"I have this we can use" I place it down on my table.

"Okay! Nice room too" she walks over to the table where I'm at.

"Mm. My mom does all this craft stuff so we can use some of that" I pull out two chairs.

"Cool, we need stuff to make the body of water" she sits down.

I walk over to my closer and pull out a thing of blue construction paper then place it on the table along with tape and glue.

"Let's start this bitch" I sit down.

Nothing much happened. We ate lunch and have just been working on this project for an hour now and it's finally almost done!

"We could make a sign that has the name on it, do you have a little piece of cardboard?" Anna turns to me.

"I can cut a piece from a box" I stand up while grabbing the scissors on the table. In my closet is a useless box so I cut off a flap on it then sit back down.

Anna takes a marker and writes Katopia on the cardboard before cutting it out. She hot glues it to a little stick then glues it at the front of the utopia.

"We did good!" she puts her hand up while she smiles at me. I raise an eyebrow then she awkwardly takes her hand down.

"Yea, it came out good. Do you wanna bring it in tomorrow?" I turn to her.

"Sure" she cleans up the mess we left.

Well that's... nice of her? I help her gather up the trash and throw it away then we put everything back in my closet.

We walk down the stairs and there stands my dad and uncles with a straight face. Anna looks up at me then dad as she shakes.

"Kai Dakota Archer!" dad steps out in front of me. Anna doesn't move a muscle until mom pulls her out of this. I gulp then finally find words to speak.

"I can explai-" he cuts me off.

"EXPLAIN?! KAI I STRICTLY TOLD YOU NEVER TO INVITE PEOPLE OVER AND YOU EVEN KNEW TO NOT BRING PEOPLE OVER! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DANGER YOUR LITTLE FRIEND OVER THERE COULD BE IN IF ANYONE SAW HER?" he shouts.