It's just the Beginning

Kai

"Ok, stay calm" I slowly get out of the bed and walk over to turn off the tv. "I know you hate the dark Dragonfly, but I need to turn off the light" once I say that she starts to get out of bed and walk over to me, holding onto my hand and arm. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, I promised you months ago" I kiss her head then walk over to the light switch with her attached to my arm. As soon as I turn off the light, she grips onto my hand tighter and I rub my thumbs in circles on the back of her hand. "We have to hide in the attic" I walk us out of my room slowly to the attic door on the roof. Pulling into the string to release the stairs, she backs up once we have access to go up the stairs.

I guess it wasn't a good idea to watch Annabelle then get stalked to that we have to turn off all the lights. I hate when she's scared around me, I'm here protecting her like the fucking Queen she is.

"You go up first" I put my hand on her back and she slowly walks up the stairs. "I'm right behind you Dragonfly, i promise" I say once I step on a step that's behind her. Once she reaches the top, she quickly swings around to look down at me. I didn't follow her all the way up since I have to close up the stairs, but as soon as I make it up to her, she holds onto my hand and arm once again. "Y'know, I've only told you a million times, you shouldn't be afraid when you're with the son of dangerous killers" I chuckle and she rests her head on my arm.

"What if they find us up here and we don't have a way to escape" she starts to panic and I show her all my weapons on my waistband. I wanna make her feel as safe as possible so I hand her over a gun and knife. "T-thanks" she hesitantly holds them and I nod.

I pull out my phone and text dad and my uncles on the group chat we have together. They almost immediately respond saying they're on their way, so I show Dragonfly the text messages which makes her loosen up a bit.

"You're safe right here in my arms" I kiss her head while I adjust her over so she's sitting on my lap with my huge arms tightly crossed her little body. That doesn't stop the fact that she's still holding onto my hands. "Annabelle isn't gonna get yo-" I'm cut off by a loud knock on the door. Dragonfly backs up more into my chest and looks up at me. "Hey, calm down" I move a piece of hair in her face to behind her ear. "When I was born, dad installed heavy duty bullet proof windows, doors, and the house itself is basically covered in amour" I chuckle to make her feel better.

"Wow... that many people are after you because you're Locks son?" she asks with a little concern and I nod. I probably should have said that, it probably makes her feel more violated since we have a lot of enemies to get all that installed, but it's suppose to make her feel safe.

"Yes. I'm lucky enough I'm even here because of all the people dad and my uncles are involved with, even my parents said it. But it isn't suppose to make you feel unsafe Dragonfly, this house is secured and you should feel safe" I assure her.

Before she could speak, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. How the fuck?!! Doors slowly opening, most likely trying to find us. Dragonfly and I are in the back of the pitch black attic so it's gonna be more challenging. But how the actual fuck did they get into the house?! The attic door creaks open slowly, making Dragonfly start to get antsy so I put my hand gently over her mouth to prevent sound.

"Really Lock? Or maybe Elena, probably Elena. You made the password the day Kai was born, month Elena was born, and year you were born, Lock. Nice try, took us a lot of retries and a lot of minutes to recover the code" a mans voice lingers around the attic as he walks. "I'll be a little embarrassed if you aren't in here and I'm talking to myself"

Dragonfly starts to cry because I feel her tears hitting my hand. No no please don't cry! I scoot her closer to me and put my chin on her shoulder so my head is next to hers and so she can see me.