Newly Couple

Kai

She deserves to know even if it's gonna hurt me, because at this point I could care less about myself, all I care about is this girl in front of me. Shit, if she told me to jump off a cliff for her, I most likely will... for her. And she needs to know that's how I feel, I've waited too long and this might be my last chance.

I wrap my arms around her and take a deep breath. "The poppies, you said you read the note right?" I ask and she nods. "what I'm about to tell you, is gonna impact our friendship a whole lot... so please don't... y'know freak out because I'm trying here Dragonfly, I really am" anxiety starts to build up in my chest and my heart starts beating rapidly.

She wraps her arms around me and smiles softly. "I'd never judge you, Kai. Whatever this is, we're gonna get through this together because I refuse to let you go through anything alone... you've done that too many times than I can count. Please don't be uncomfortable to tell me, I'm always gonna be here for you and I want to know what's on your mind" she puts an arm over my shoulder and gently plays with the little hairs at the base of my neck.

See this, this is that makes me fall for her more and more. Poor girl has caused me so much anger and she never even knew, well, not really her, Kendall. But she just lures me in for more...

I take a deep breath and look at her short self. "I don't know where to start, honestly. Dragonfly as you know, when we got partnered up for that project, I hated you because I thought you were just like other girls. But, you aren't. No, you're so much better than that and seeing who you actually were, a sweet pure innocent girl... made me slowly develop f-" I pause and close my eyes.

"Don't stress yourself, I'm here to listen, not make you feel like you're the only one in this" she wraps her other arm around my neck, also playing with the little hairs on the base of it.

I shift my weight and look back at her. "I developed feelings for you" I straight out say and she looks at my chest with a puzzled look. "You drove me so crazy and you didn't even know. You're probably wondering then why did I yell at you or ignore you... well, I don't know. I never grew up knowing anything about girls besides that most of them are sluts. I was never taught feelings so I didn't even know I liked you. Every time I saw Kendall with you, I would get this fire in my stomach and an urge to kill him" i scan her expression, but it doesn't change, she's still looking at the tattoo, trying to process this. "Whenever I seen you, I noticed I would always light up and when you talked to me, this feeling in my stomach made me question why you did that to me... then those feelings got stronger over these last few months" I shift my weight nervously one again. "The night you got kidnapped, I freaked out trying to find you. Once we did find you, I just wanted to hug you the whole night"

"Kai..." she looks at me with sincere eyes telling me I don't have to continue if I don't want to.

"No, I need to tell you" I move my hands to her waist. "The kiss. That kiss was filled with so much passion Dragonfly... I didn't think you felt those sparks too until you said it. As soon as you left that night... I knew what those feelings were" I gulp. "Homecoming. I went specifically for you." She gives me a little faint smile. "I was going to tell you that night... but then I saw you with Kendall.. his hands all over you and yours around his neck as your lips were locked together. It broke my heart... that's why I left" I pause. "I didn't wanna tell you how I felt after that, but here i am" I look at her expression one last time before telling her. She sends an encouraging smile which makes me take a deep breath. "I love you Anna" I clench my jaw. Her face turns into shock and she takes her arms off me. Knew it. I knew she'd react. "I know you don't feel the same way, but you need to know that I fall in love with everything you do" I take my hands off her.