Stress is only starting

Kai

I wake up to the sun shining into my room over the blankets. Dragonflys sleeping on my chest and I kiss her head before carefully and quietly slipping out from under her. I throw on a pair on boxers and sweatpants then walk downstairs to eat something because my stomach is growling like a wolf.

Shuffling is heard once I reach the end of the stairs and I see everyone leaning up against chairs with a raised eyebrow. They cross their arms across their chests and I walking into the dining room, looking as them with a weird face as I pass by to grab a bowl for my fruit loops.

"Keep it down next time would you? We're trying to sleep" Justins smirk grows and i look at him with my cheeks burning red. I still get it in wrapped around my head that, that actually happened... and that they heard it...

"Yea, please be aware that all of us are beside your room" Colin chuckles and I roll my eyes. I pour my cereal in the bowl and look around for the sugar. I'm trying so hard to avoid this conversation right now.

"Oooo he's not answering us" Aaron oo's, making everyone else ooo along with him to prove a point. I groan and look at them with a straight annoyance face to leave me alone because I just wanna eat and go back to sleep.

"It's cool Kai, you were in the moment" Brandon winks and I start to eat my cereal. "It's funny because you lost your virginity way before your dad" he laughs then everyone else laughs. I silently chuckle and look at dad to see him rolling his eyes.

He sees me looking at him and i quickly look back at cereal as i laugh. "Keep laughing Kai, i dare you" dad says sternly and i just shake my head as i eat. "You won't be laughing when you end up with a son just like you" he cross his arms across his chest and i look at him like he's crazy then he smirks.

"Fuck kids" i put my bowl in the sink and lean against the wall. "Boxing match still on for next month?" i ask and they all nod. "Sweeeeet!" i give them a thumbs up and walk back upstairs.

I walk into my room to find Dragonfly fully clothed as she takes her phone off the charger and into her hands. She looks up at me and smiles so I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her then kiss her temple.

"Good morning" she nuzzles her head into my chest and I rest my chin on her head. I'm so tired so honestly I hope she doesn't ask to go out somewhere because then I'm officially gonna loose my balance and fall to the ground sleeping. "I love you" she mumbles into my chest.

"I love you too" I say before pushing away from her. "What are you doing today?" I ask so I can determine if I can head back to sleep or not. She scans my expressions and chuckles under her breath. I slightly tilt my head and she puts her hand on my arm.

"You're sweet. I'm sorry, I'd stay longer, but my mom just texted me that I need to be home to watch Kaitlyn and Josh, so you can go back to sleep and call me whenever you're done or whatever" she shrugs and I nod before throwing myself on the bed. "I'll see you later" she says as she walks out and I wave goodbye.

My eyes shut close as soon as she closes my door.

**

"You're killin it babe!" Dragonfly claps and shouts in encouragement. See, this is the kind of love that keeps me going and feel like I'm worthy and good enough to do what I love to do. The timer goes off and dad takes off the mitts and I walk up to her and kiss her forehead. "Only three more weeks till the big fight!" she smiles widely and I chuckle as I nod.

I walk over to Aaron and pull my arms out towards him so he can untie my gloves and headgear. He pulls the gloves off my hands and gently hits me in the head with a huge smile before he takes off my gear. "Good work kiddo! You're gonna do amazing out there" he pats my back and I spit out my mouth piece then drink my water.