Danger

Anna

Kai and I walk down the stairs with the project in my hands. I hear him stop walking and I turn to look at him, he's so tall... must be like 6'7 or something. I look up at him to see him tensed up while having a clenched jaw, so I look in front of me and what I see makes me shake.

5 angry men are standing, waiting for us.

"Kai Dakota Archer!" his dad steps out in front of us, standing at Kai's height... I never realized how tall Lock is until now. Being face to face with an angry killer is about to get me a panic attack.

I never wanted to meet his dad.

Suddenly I'm pulled away by Kai's mom, thank goodness! But I feel really bad for leaving Kai there with his killer dad... he wouldn't hurt Kai... right? Kai is capable, yes, but why do I feel like he feels defeated...

"Don't mind them okay, just talk to me, I noticed you about to have panic attack" his mom snaps me out of my thoughts which makes me turn to her and nod.

"Thank you" I smile.

"I can explai-" I hear Kai starting to talk but get cut off by his dad.

"EXPLAIN?! KAI I STRICTLY TOLD YOU NEVER TO INVITE PEOPLE OVER AND YOU EVEN KNEW TO NOT BRING PEOPLE OVER! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DANGER YOUR LITTLE FRIEND OVER THERE COULD BE IN IF ANYONE SAW HER?" he shouts in Kai's face.

I really feel bad for Kai right now. Just earlier at school his dad came in and when he left, Kai walked in the room with a huge smile from ear to ear... but now his standing in front of his dad that gave him that beautiful smile, now giving him fear in his eyes.

"She's not my friend" I hear Kai say in almost a whisper.

"I'm sorry for the trouble I caused..." I faintly say to Kai's mom.

"No love, again, don't worry about it" she smiles "Kai had a valid reason with good intentions. You were just going along"

"Yea but I caused his dad to-" I'm cut off.

"FRIEND OR NOT KAI! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU CAN CAUSE NOW?!" Lock growls.

I see Kai turn his head to me then back to his father before saying

"Dad..." he looks back at me "can I talk her home fi-" he gets cut off.

"DO NOT TRY TO GET OUT OF THIS" Lock shouts.

I didn't like being in the middle of this, especially if I'm the reason this is happening right now...

"I can explain!" Kai says in a low voice.

"Kai maybe you can explain, but you had the choice whether to bring her here or not" another man speaks up.

"I-" he stops himself.

He knows it's true. But I didn't wanna come here in the first place, that's why I was hoping he would say no to me coming over, but instead he accused me of something I'm not so I had to speak up about it... which made him budge. I'm actually terrified of being here... like his dad said, I could be in so much danger if someone seen me here and that feeling won't leave my head.

"To think I let you join the team. That was a mistake" his dad walks off in pure anger with the 4 men trailing behind him.