Dragonfly

Kai

I do the daily routine, shower, get dressed, teeth, pick up Austin, and now we're on our way to school. Once again the ride was silent, no music or anything. I just want to get this day over with... I'm so lost in my mind it's not like it matters anymore, I'm shutting out everyone until I can find myself again.

We pull up to the school and get out of the car then slowly walk into the building with our heads low. I look like complete shit, so does Austin... looks like we both didn't get a good sleep. Oh yea mom cleaned up the whole mess in my room and reframed the picture. Just thought I'd point that out... I've fallen and it's obvious, i can't forgive myself for what I did... I let my guard down, im done with loving people what's the point? it's all gonna end anyway... Austin my only acceptation along with my family, I just need time to cope.

Everyone's eyes are on us, I don't need to be looking up to know that.

"Ignore them" Austin wraps his arm around my shoulder as we continue walking down the hall with our heads still down. We finally make it to the end of the hallway where less people are and we just stand there in silence.

"Should've stayed home today" I kick the locker in front of me, making it dent. Austin nods in agreement and I slam my body into the lockers. People stare at me and I glare at them with anger in my eyes, which causes them to quickly turn away. I see Anna talking to pretty boy, laughing, smiling, everything I hoped we could do, but she doesn't want anything to do with me and that's okay because I'm done.

The day goes on and on, I managed to keep it together since Austin and I sit together in all our classes but first period, since we don't have that class together. We walk into sixth period ten minutes late, but who gives a shit. We unfortunately get split up and I take my seat next to pretty boy and Anna.

Anna

Kendall and I walk into sixth period laughing our ass off because he got in an argument with the principal over which baseball team is better. I see Kai isn't here yet which is normal, but I'm sorta worried about him and Austin... they came into school with their heads low, not their normal pride ego high selves. Which is kinda concerning me...

Fifteen minutes later the door opens, revealing Austin and Kai. I study both of their faces since earlier I couldn't see them. Austin looks so draggled and tired as he walks away from Kai, taking his seat away from him. Kai... he looks absolutely worn out and exhausted. His hair is messily off to the side, which I mean is still pretty attractive, bags are noticeable under his eyes, his face screams so much distress... and he's not wearing his usual tight shirt that suffocate his muscles, he's wearing a black hoodie along with jogging sweatpants.

He huffs as he plops into his seat between Kendall and I. I don't get the usual whiff of his cologne he always wears, its highly unlike Kai to be like this... last time he looked this bad was when he was... beat.

"Kai... are you ok-" before I could finish my sentence he jolts up and throws his pencil at the wall. Everyone looks at him with terror as he starts to throw things at the wall then he flips his desk over. I look over to Austin to see him with the same expression I have, shock.

"Kai stop" Austin stands up and Kai looks at him with glossy eyes before storming out of the classroom. Austin goes to follow him, but the teachers tell him to stay put as she calls the principal up with the little phone in the classroom.

I stand up and start walking towards the door, I look at the teacher with a please let me go look. She sighs then nods. I run out of the classroom and see Kai breaking down in tears at the lockers. He's sitting down with his head in his knees and hands over his head, like a little kid pouting over not getting candy... despite this serious moment, it's a cute imagine of Kai pouting. I run over to him and kneel down in front of him, hesitantly, I put my hand on his cheek as a sign for him to look up at me.