Boyfriend

Kai

This is it! The day of the biggest fight I ever competed in, IT'S ALSO GONNA BE ON TV! And my friends are gonna be there cheering me on! Dad, my uncles, and I have been training all day since eight a.m. the fights at seven tonight, but I need to go over everything I know if I wanna win this bitch, i always do before every fight. It's currently five thirty so I text Dragonfly and Austin in our group chat to tell them the address of the fight.

"Alright, the fights an hour drive so we better head out now" dad throws my gym bag in the trunk. I nod and throw my black hoodie over my head with the hood over. Everyone gets in the car and we drive off.

"Austin coming?" mom asks and I nod as I put in my headphones. Everyone's talking and shit, but I'm so drowned in my thoughts, I could care less about what they're talking about. This fight means so much to me and I can't fuck it up, especially not in front of Dragonfly.

"On my way babe 😘" Austin interrupts my music and I roll my eyes at the babe.

Y'know, I wish I got my damn car back, dad won't budge and it's driving me crazy!! I get it, I understand, I learned my lesson sooo? I know I won't get it back for a looong time. Anyway, if I win this fight, I get a belt and go to the championships! Up top baby!

Gonna win this bad boy!

**

We pull up to the building and I immediately jump out of the car to see my best friend in which I haven't seen in two days. We run up to each other and he jumps on me, making me fall on the rocky ground... I already feel the cuts. Whatever, I don't care right now.

"Hey asshole" I punch his chest which makes him roll off me. He laughs and stands up then dusts himself, as do I. "You don't have anymore cooties do you?" I hit his shoulder playfully.

"I have YOU'RE GONNA WIN THIS BITCH FEVER!" he shouts and we jump up, high fiving each other. We laugh then I go to the trunk and put my gym bag over my shoulder. I see all the camera crew setting up. I look around for Dragonfly, but don't see her... probably hit traffic. We all walk into the building then place all our stuff down. I get called into the weighings so dad and I walk back to do all that kind of shit.

It's now six fifty and I'm spending these ten minutes training my ass off. No distractions, it's just dad and I out in the back of the building practicing. Let's just say, were killing it! Five minutes later we go back in to see this fight ending on who won so I walk over to the blue corner of the ring with my family around me.

"You better win this bitch!" Austin hits my shoulder and I chuckle. Not only do I win for myself, I win for my family. They support me so much to make me let them down and I never intend to.

"You got this Kai!" Colin and Aaron high five me and I nod in thanks since my mouthpiece prevents me from talking that well. They pat my back then Brandon and Justin walk up to me.

"This is nothing Kai, it's just a fight, the big name doesn't mean anything man. Kill it bud! We didn't spend ten years teaching you this for nothing!" Justin laughs and pats my back.

"We're all out here, your biggest fans! Crush it out there Kai Dakota Archer!" Brandon wiggles my head set and I nod once again in thanks to all of them. Mom hugs me then looks me right in the eye.

"Be careful. I know you're gonna win this baby!" she smiles and i look down at her way short self compared to me.

"Listen here you son of mine" dad stands in front of me at the same height. "Don't get distracted, stay focused, which I know isn't a problem for you because you were always a concentrated kid. You can do this buddy!" he pats my back and I put my hand up for a fist bump since I have gloves on.