Protector

Kai

Creeeeeek.

I shoot up to the sound of the door opening, I instantly know it's not my team because they would've came in here yelling for us to come out. I stretch my arm out to wiggle Austins arm which causes him to wake up. When Austin wakes up he always groans so I put my hand over to mouth to shut him up while with my other hand I point towards behind the couch. He gets the message and nods. I take my hand off his mouth and look over to Anna, peacefully sleeping with her hand behind her face.

"Wake her" Austin mouths.

I wiggle her shoulder gently and she moves her hand up to rub her eyes.

"W-" I cut her off by putting my hand over her mouth. I shake my head no as I point my head towards the door. Fear fills her eyes and she starts to shake.

With my hand still on her mouth, I silently pull out my gun from my waistband and take it off safety. It's pretty obvious whoever's on the other side of this couch will look behind here because it's the only hiding spot here. I look out the gap between the couch and wall to see if anyone's around here.

"Anna?" a voice startles me. I look over to Anna to see her covering her mouth as she cries, Austin quietly scoots over to her and hugs her.

Looking more out of the gap, I see a pair of legs walk by. Those red shoes... where have I seen those fucking red shoes?

"Come on Anna where are you?" the voice speaks again.

Liam...

I stand up and point my gun right at his head. He turns around to me while his hands are up in the air in defeat.

"What do you want" I snap.

"I just want my girlfriend, I know she's here Kai" he says casually. Before I could say anything, Anna stands up beside me and looks at him with a face of relief. Austin also comes up on the other side of me with a bewilderment face.

"Liam!" she smiles.

"Anna! I had to sneak in here, I was so worried about you!" he puts his hands out for a hug. Anna turns to me and I slightly shake my head no. She ignores it and starts to walk out from behind the couch.

She walk towards him. Austin and I walk out slowly as Anna walks up to Liam. I watch Liam's every movement and that's when I see a little knife hidden in his pocket that he's slowly reaching for.

"ANNA NO!" I push her out of the way before she could hug him. I wrap one arm around her body while my other hand is holding my gun that's pointed at his head.

"What the fuck Kai?!" he walks towards us with ominous.

I back up with Anna in my grip as i hold up my gun.

"How did you get in here?" I ask.

"The door?" he says with obviousness in his voice.

"False, the door is locked and there is a war going on upstairs" Austin jumps in.

Liam turns to him while he stops walking at us.

"Smart" he smirks then looks right back at us.

I go to shoot, but nothing comes out. I fucking forgot to reload! I throw my gun off the the said and run to the other side of the room with Anna still with me. Austin runs up beside me as Liam slowly walks up to us.