Mircale

Lock

Panic.

We're running through the hospital hallways as they try to get him to a room.

"Guys, i'm going to have to ask you to leave" the nurse rushes back and forth.

"I'm not leaving!" i growl.

The nurse looks at everyone as they walk out with fear on their face and tearing steaming down their cheeks.

They pull out the defibrillator and place them on Kai's bloody chest that has so many slashes and deep cuts displayed.

Shock.

His chest goes up then back down.

"Put it higher!" the nurse demands.

Shock.

"Wake up Kai" i shout at him under my breath.

His chest continues to go up then down along with a flat heart line.

"One more try" the nurse rubs the defibrillators together then back on his chest.

Up

Down

Flat heart line.

"Come on you little shit" i continue to shout under my breath.

"I'm so sorry sir" the nurses look at me with sad faces.

"No!" i throw a box of gloves that's on the wall to the ground.

"I'll g-" the nurse gets cut off by a huge gasp followed by a cough.

I turn to see Kai trying to sit up, but failing miserably.

"KAI!" i run up to him.

"Oh my goodness..." the nurses say in bewilderment.

"Ow" he hisses in pain and clenches his teeth together.

"Glad to have you back Kai" a nurse smiles.

"We're going to need to take some x-rays before everyone can come in" the other nurse says.

The nurses leave the room to get the x-ray machine shit.

"I'm sorry" Kai looks at me with so much pain in his eyes. I pull out a chair and sit next to him.

"For what?" i slightly tilt my head.

"Running off. I just turned around and Justin was gone... i finally found you guys so i went to run to you until they tranquilized me" he looks down and a tear rolls down his cheek.

"Kai what did they do to you?" i ask with seriousness in my voice, along with concern.

"I-" he gets cut off by the nurses walking in with the x-ray machine.

They set everything up and do their job. I sit in the corner of the room stressing about everything that happened in the past 24 hours. Like what they did to my son...

About 20 minutes later they finish up then leave once again, saying they'll be right back with the results.

"Ow ow ow" Kai winches in pain as he continues trying to sit up.

"Kai don't sit up" I push his chest down.

"It hurts so much dad" he says with pain in his tone as tears start to roll down his cheek.

I sit up and hug him as he cries in my chest.

"Why won't the pain go away" he says between his sobs.