Trusted Friends; Part Two

2018

(Chen's POV)

I watched as my best friend sat in front of me, sipping his tea. We're having a breakfast at his family home. He is looking good.

He was always leanly built before but the only defined muscles he had a few years ago were on his arms.

Now; however he got muscles definition on his entire lean body, not bulky at all but just beautifully defined. As a result of his dance and martial practices, I presume.

No wonder, he's hailed as the sexiest man alive and one of the most beautiful people in 2018. By PEOPLE magazine.

Qing might had flipped out inside his messy brain when he saw Dayu yesterday. I smirked in satisfaction. Served him right.

Two years, and I still haven't forgiven Qing for what he did. I talked to him alright but not as much as I would have before that incident. I had made my choice and choose Dayu. Unlike the other guys, who could sit on the fence, I couldn't. I wouldn't.

Qing knew it.

Then I focused back on Dayu.
I've only seen him in the movie teaser clips of Wick Chapter 3; Misfits and then on magazines and I admit he looked great in them; but not as good as he is in real life, after all.

Eat your heart out, Wang Qing! I laughed at him evilly in my mind.

"Your come back performance was a huge hit.." I finally spoke. And he looked at me, then smiled slightly blushing.

Well, maybe he looks better than ever but his shy and down to earth nature was still the same. Thank God.

"Thank you.."

"So..sexiest man alive ya..?" I teased.

"Don't start.." Dayu groaned. He had already had a headache coming home yesterday and was bombarded with phone calls from relatives.

"And 50 of the most beautiful people as well.." But I was adamant to tease him. He hadn't come home for two years. I was a bit hurt by that.

I knew that he had very good reason not to come home, but it still hurt not being able to see my best friend for two years.

After all, I wasn't that close to Qing anymore which also put a strain on my friendship with the rest of the guys. I was a little lonely.

Dayu sighed, "Americans are funny..They don't define sexy and beauty the normal way.." he said.

"Hahahaha..perhaps because you have so many shirtless scenes in your movie; they just couldn't help but notice..." I laughed, still teasing.

"Please.." Dayu rolled his eyes, "I actually didn't have that many shirtless scenes..the one they showed yesterday, that's it.."

Only one scene. The rest of Dayu's shirtless scenes were behind the scenes footage. I knew.

"How's your cut?" I asked him.

"It healed in two days.." Dayu answered, "it's just a superficial cut actually. But I suffered two broken ribs in that incident.." he said matter-of-factly.

I shot up almost choking on my tea.

"What!?!"

Dayu grimaced, "I didn't actually realised it at that time. It was only after a few hours when I felt it really hurt that I told my film crew about it..I thought I was just bruised."

"Good God ! Feng JianYu! " I looked at him incredulously, "you didn't realised you had broken ribs?"

"You looked exactly like my director and my cast mates when they knew.." Dayu laughed at me and I want to smack him.