New Life

Pacific Palisades, LA

Qing's POV

It had been exactly two months, since Dayu and I moved here from Beijing.

I bought a six bedroom, five bathroom, ranch house in between the beach, and the hills of Hollywood, for a very good price of 6.5 million dollars. Considering that this is one of the best part of Pacific Palisades, 6.5 million dollars was actually the deal of a lifetime. The owner was a friend of mine, Biggie T, a CEO of a prospering Production Company, who also owned some shares in the LA Lakers NBA Team. How we knew each other? His family is an acquaintance of my family. He also came from old money; but, like me, he built his own empire. His family is into shipping company while he delved into the entertainment industry.

As a matter of fact, I stayed here a few times, back when I was still stalking Dayu. He had several houses, and this was the just one of them. He's kind enough to sell me this house for such a reduced amount of price. For friends sake- he said. When he was starting his business; he had a spat with his parents; as they wanted him to take over the family company and he wanted to do a different thing hence his father used his influence to foil his attempts of taking loans from the local banks.

Hence, he turned to me. I vouched for him, when he sent his proposal to my father, for his first loan. He had already paid for it, though, but I guess he's still thought that he owed me.

I don't mind though- and I'm grateful for his good deeds.

I had turned one of the room into my own private studio and another room into my home office. Rather than renting another place in town, this is much more money saving. And I get to be at home, everytime Dayu came back from his work.

As soon as we arrived here; Dayu went straight to his Intensive English Classes and also his martial arts class. He had finished his masters degree in performing arts from the School of Theatre, Film and Television  in UCLA, and will be graduating in June this year, so he divided his time for the day by attending English class in the morning and martial arts class in the afternoon. I'd go and picked him up for lunch at home or we'd just went to the some secluded restaurants and had lunch together. Its not easy here; walking with Dayu, on the streets. He's a huge star and often, there'd be paparazzis trailing us and sometimes fans would barged in on us- but we're used to that. We faced the same thing back in Beijing.

I'm so very proud of him. He had done so much and achieved so much in these two years, even though the initial reason for his decision to come to LA was perhaps a painful one. I wouldn't be able to do anything about that now; nobody could change what had happened in the past but I sure can do something for our future.

And I want to prove to people that I could be the source for Dayu's success and the support that Dayu need; instead of being the cause for his pain. That's why I opted to work from home. I am my own boss after all. These days, any business ventures could be done via online. I could also manage my company which is still based in Beijing online as well. I do video conference every morning and my staffs reporting their progress for every project we have daily.