The One who Holds the Heart

25 August 2012

25 August 2012

(Qing's POV)

I'm as nervous as hell. As I waited for Dayu in my Audi A5, outside of the dormitory building, where he's staying with two other students.

His family lived in Tianjin, a whole 60 more miles away from Beijing so he had been staying at the dorm since the semester started.

It's one of the thing that I had miscalculated. It slipped my mind that he could be living far away and that he'd be staying at the dormitory.

So, I didn't think about applying to stay at the dormitory. Hence, by the time I knew about it, Dayu had already had enough room mates.

It's a three person dorm and he's staying with Chen QiuShi, a first year student from the College of tourism, and Man Yi Chen, a last year student from the College of Engineering.

I was not lying when I said, I hated it that Dayu spent his times more with other people than me. And I had to make sure that nobody looked at him the way I do.

That's why, it's important for me to know everyone in his life.

And so, I had established a friendship with both of of his room mates too, until I felt confident enough that none of them felt anything for Dayu than mere friendship.

I'm confident enough but not completely. That's why I had been crashing into their dorm whenever I wanted to, which is pretty much everyday for the past 5 months. I was like the invisible 4th roommates.

Today, it's Saturday and Dayu had agreed to have lunch with me at home.

And today will also be the first time that he's going to see me driving.

He had said that he didn't care about my wealth right? He wouldn't be shocked seeing my car, right?
He would not be changing his mind about being friends with me, right?"

I'm so nervous, I'm breaking sweats in the fully air-conditioned Audi A5, right now.

Then, I saw him coming out of the dormitory building.

I held my breath as I lowered down the window and called after him.

"Dayu..!"

Dayu turned and saw me. He blinked blankly for a full 30 seconds or so, before walking towards my car.

"Hello, Qingge..!"

Dayu had been calling me Qingge, much to my delight, for a few months now.

"Hi!" I waved at him, as he opened the passenger door beside me, and walked in.

"This car looks new.." he commented, as he looked all over my car, curiously, "and it looks expensive."

Well, it is one of the first Audi A5 sold in China this year. And it is one of the most expensive car, too. But there's no need to tell Dayu that.