Memory

Qing's POV

Qing's POV

When I arrived at the café, where Dayu said he's having a coffee while waiting for me; I froze for a few seconds at the doorway, upon seeing the man seated in front of Dayu.

Pietro Bosseli. The man who fell in love with Dayu when Dayu and I were estranged. The man who 'confessed' his love to Dayu publicly, via video call, singing Dayu a song. It was recorded and posted online in so many sites. And to this day, some fans especially Westerners preferred to believe that Dayu's supposed to be with Pietro Bosseli instead of me.

I thought my heart would stop beating for sure.

What is he doing here? And why is he with Dayu!?!?!

I remembered the last time we met, when Dayu had his accident, when I arrived at the London Hospital; he came and acknowledged me in Dayu's life. I was pretty sure that he knew back then, that I was the man Dayu loved the most, and that he'd given up.

But, when he didn't turn up on our wedding day; I had the feeling that though Pietro Bosseli had acknowledged me, he's still in love with Dayu. That's why he didn't come. He's still in love with Dayu, hence he couldn't bear to see the man he loved got married to someone else.

I got over my shock and walked towards them. That was when the fear began attacking me.

Of course, Dayu only knew this man as his co star in the Wick Chapter film, because he had lost his memory but, still. I couldn't help but be afraid.

What if meeting Pietro jolted Dayu's memory back ? What if Dayu remembers everything!? Am I ready for such thing to happen? Am I ready to face Dayu with his memory back!?

My every steps were filled with dread but, I also couldn't slow down because I couldn't bear to see Dayu sit there with another man; especially Pietro Bosseli.

My breath was heavy and my heart was thumping like crazy, and I even had cold sweats all over, when I got to the table.

Then, as if sensing me Dayu turned around and saw me. And I almost slid to the floor when I saw that he had the same expression he had when I sent him for his practise this morning.

I forced myself to sit down, because I needed to gather my strength and after I got back my composure, I stood up, not wanting Dayu to sit there in front of Pietro Bosseli any longer.

We talked a little; Pietro and I. And our eyes also met across the table. Enough to say, that I now knew for sure that Pietro Bosseli is still in love with Dayu. And it bothered me because he didn't bother to hide it at all.

And Dayu; my ever obliviously innocent Dayu didn't even notice anything. Not Pietro's love lorn gaze which was directed at him, nor my discomfort.

I guess; in my part, I was able to mask my feelings really well, something that's rare for me when it comes to Dayu because usually he'd be able to read me fairly easily. Dayu didn't really notice how tense I had been since I saw him in the cafe with Pietro Bosseli.