Learning To Love

Present Day

Present Day

Wang Manor, St. Peter, Jersey, UK

(Dayu's POV)

I looked at Qing and then at the pictures he had saved, with me and his mother.

"Your mother..liked me?"

Wou! Who would have thought that a woman of such calibre could like someone like me.

"She adored you." Qing smiled in reminiscent, "she's thankful because you made me change my ways..."

I could understand that. Qing had been giving his family, especially his mother, so much troubles that when Qing began to change, of course who ever triggered the changes would in debt Qing's mother in gratitude.

But from what Qing is telling me, it seemed like his mother is more than a little indebted to me.

And, during the brief time, I spend with her the day I arrived here before they flew back to China, the warmth and happiness emanating from her was genuinely real. It was as if I was her own son.

"Why?" I just needed to know, "why did she like me so much?"

Her only son, confessed that he'd fallen for another man, and she just accepted it like that? And what's more, she liked me very much?

"No. No." Qing shook his head, smiling at the disbelief on my face.

"She didn't only accepted you. She was your ally, love..." he stopped a moment, then continued, "she's still your ally."

Hearing Qing call me love still gets to me everytime. It made me turn bright red.

Yet, Qing's revelation that his mother was my ally and still is my ally, didn't go unnoticed by my ears.

"Amazing.." I am incredulous. I must have been the luckiest on the planet.

"Yes..you were." Qing squeezed me, tightening his arms around me.

Somewhere along the way, as he began telling me everything that had happened and as I Iooked at the pictures on his laptop, Qing had pulled me closer and I am now almost sitting on his lap.

"You were amazing..that even with the help of my mother, you weren't that easy to get.."

I frowned, looking up at him.

"You didn't know just how much I had to do, to make you finally face your feelings.."

I grimaced a little. I don't know but I can imagine. I know myself well.

"I must have been very troublesome.." I knew that is most probably the case.

I'm difficult and hard to handle. My mind gets to work overtime often and over the smallest of things. That's me.