The Promise of a Lifetime

***WARNING***
***MATURE CONTENT***
*********

***WARNING******MATURE CONTENT************

June 2015

Park Avenue Apartments, Beijing

(Qing's POV)

"You want to have a drink..?" I stood up and walked to my kitchen, giving Dayu more space to think.

It had been minutes and Dayu was still silent, and he wasn't even looking at me.

The production van took us to the temporary apartment, the production company rented for us, and then I drove me own car from there.

I could see that Dayu was blushing continuously; his ears had been as red as a tomato since I told him, in the car that we're going to my apartment.

When Dayu didn't object, when I told him that I'm bringing him here to my place, I knew that he had more or less made up his mind.

But I still needed to hear the words. I could wait. After all, I'd waited for three years. What's another 10 minutes or even an hour, compared to the three years, right?

"Tea?" I knew that Dayu loved coffee but it would make him sleepy. It's another of Dayu's uniqueness; when people drinks coffee, they'd stay awake, when Dayu took it, he'd fall asleep in an instant.

And he wasn't lying. I had challenged him once go drink a cup of coffee after filming.

"You wouldn't regret it?" He asked me. Of course I said no.

"Why would I?"

He drank it as I went for my bath. And I took no more than twenty minutes, I think, in the bath, but when I came out Dayu had already fallen into a deep slumber.

I tried so hard to wake him up, to no avail. He'd stir a little then he mumbled and continued to sleep.

I did regret it. That was one of the loneliest night I had during the filming of CA. I didn't get to kiss him. Instead, I had to settle for just cuddling him.

So definitely no coffee for tonight.

"Qing ah.." I didn't expect Dayu, to suddenly call me. And he was even looking at me.

We looked at each other, and the whole universe stopped, for us. There's a distance between us, because he's sitting at my living room couch and I was at the kitchen area; but I could almost hear his heart beating from where I was.

Or, was it mine. This thundering heart beat. This gradually heavy breathing- was it mine?

"I'm not sure I'm good at this." Dayu whispered the words, as he lowered his eyes, and I could barely hear them but I did.

I abandoned the drinks then and headed back to Dayu. He was sitting, as still as a statue, and again, not looking at me.

And he's visibly trembling now. And I realised that he's probably more nervous than me.