i like you too | bill

Dedicated to lady_lennon

+++

(Y/N) arrived at the house where the party was being held. Before entering the mansion before her, she drew in a deep breath, getting mentally prepared for an afternoon and night full of booze and most likely making a fool of herself. Her best friend, (Y/F/N), was hosting the party at her beach house on the hot summer day.

"(Y/N), you made it!" (Y/F/N) cheered as she greeted her friend at the door with a red solo cup in hand. (Y/N) nodded, awkwardly clasping her hands in front of her.

There was a few people lingering in the house but the majority of the guests were outside in the pool, playing ping pong, or getting so drunk they couldn't stand.

"Bill's outside," (Y/F/N) whispered in her ear, causing her heart rate to quicken as hear rushed to her cheeks.

"I-I wasn't looking for him," she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

(Y/F/N) waved her off as she rolled her eyes. "Oh please, I know you too well, (Y/N). Grab yourself a drink from the kitchen and go see him in the backyard. He's been asking about you," she said before disappearing outside.

The nervous young woman grabbed a beer from the kitchen then slowly made her way outside into the blazing sun. She scanned the yard, looking for any familiar faces when her eyes landed on one, Bill. (Y/N) and Bill had been friends for a couple years now. The two met through (Y/F/N)'s boyfriend when they first started dating. Bill lifted his gaze from the petite blonde he was talking to and met (Y/N)'s. The corners of her lips rose as she brought her beer bottle to her mouth. Bill nodded at the blonde girl in a friendly manner, clearly not listening to her go on before making his way towards the woman he was so eagerly waiting to see.

"Hey, (Y/N). You came," he said, towering over her. 

(Y/N) nodded. "I did. Couldn't miss this for the world," she joked eliciting a chuckle from the man as he took a swig of his drink.

"Listen (Y/N), I've been meaning to talk to you about something," Bill said in a more serious tone. The young woman began to feel a blush crawl up her neck and to her cheeks so she switched her gaze down to her feet.

(Y/N) gulped. "What is it?" she asked, tucking her loose strands of hair behind her ear. 

"I, uh - " Bill was then cut off by some guys over at the ping pong table.

"Bill! Come play against me!" (Y/F/N)'s boyfriend shouted, the men around cheering him on. 

Bill took a double take between the woman before him and the group of men, the look on his face evident that he was debating whether or not he wanted to play or continue his conversation with (Y/N).

"Go. Don't let me keep you from having your fun," (Y/N) encouraged with a wide grin, not wanting to him feel obligated to talk to her. A smile rose on Bill's face before he took her hand and pulled her with him to the table.

"Come on, (Y/N), show me what you got," he said with a wink as he took one of the paddles and circled to the other end of the table. 

"I don't think so," she declined, taking a step back.

Bill chuckled. "What? Too scared to face me?" He asked, flipping the paddle in his large hand.  She scoffed before downing the last of her drink and grabbing the free paddle.

(Y/N) arched a brow with a smirk. "Bring it on, Billy boy,"  she said, taking a ready stance.

Bill leaned down on the table, running his tongue along his lips. "You're on," he said before (Y/N) took the little white ball in her hand and sent it flying across the table.

At the end of the match, (Y/N) ended up dominating Bill by a long shot and after that, the two spent the afternoon chatting away and hanging out down on the beach. People thought the pair were a thing considering it was like it was only the two of them at the party. 

The sun had since gone down and (Y/N) was currently sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet playing around in the chilled water.  Bill went inside to fetch some more drinks for the two of them.

"Here," he said as he came up behind her and wrapped a thin blanket over her shoulders then handed her a can of cider.

"Thanks," she replied, butterflies fluttering in her stomach at his kind gesture.

"It got quite chilly all of a sudden," he said as he took the spot next to her and gently lowered his feet into the pool.

"This blanket is big enough for the both of us," (Y/N) said, slightly worried that he was going to take her gesture the wrong way since she didn't know yet if he felt the same way about her as she did him.

"Oh no, it's fine," he said, waving it off.

(Y/N) waited a moment before scooting closer to him and wrapping the blanket around his shoulders anyway.

"There. Now we can keep each other warm," she said as a smile grew on his face.

"So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about earlier before we were so rudely interrupted?" She asked, eliciting a chuckle from the man.

Bill cleared his throat. "Well, um..." he took a gulp of his drink.

"Come on,  spit it out," she playfully urged, nudging her elbow into his upper arm.

He looked down at the water, gently swaying his feet around beneath it.

"I-I like you, (Y/N)," he quietly said before looking up into her eyes; his filled with a look of uncertainty as he awaited her response.

His soft green orbs were fixed on her as his gentle gaze completely consumed her. (Y/N) felt her cheeks heat up so she switched her gaze down at the mesmerizing water, at loss for words. There was nothing she wanted more right then than to be wrapped in his arms.

"Oh god. You don't feel the same way," Bill then said, noticing her hesitation. Bill scratched the back of his neck in discomfort as (Y/N) sat still trying to wrap her mind around the words spoken to her.

"No no, Bill, I like you, too," she said, placing her hand under his chin and lifting his head to face her.

The corners of Bill's lips rose into a pleased smirk before he gently brushed his lips against hers. That right there was the moment she had long awaited for. Bill's large hand snaked around her neck, holding her against him. Sparks were coursing throughout her body as her lips moved in sync with Bill's soft ones. (Y/N) then pulled away, keeping her forehead pressed against his for a few moments. Bill wrapped his arm around her shoulders, allowing her to rest her head on his broad shoulder.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do that," Bill said as he traced circles on her upper arm with his index finger.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to do that," she said, earning a chuckle from him.

Right then, she was wishing that she could just stay in that moment. The moment she had been dreaming of for far too long.