i'm yours | roman

(Y/N) had just put Nadia down to sleep for the night, quietly shutting the infant's bedroom door after singing a couple rounds of nursery rhymes. She tiptoed across the hallway and down the oak steps, careful not to wake the sleeping child.  When downstairs, she was met with her boyfriend, Roman, pouring two glasses of wine to celebrate getting through another day.

"How is she?" He asked, his voice low and gentle as he screwed the cap back onto the bottle.

"Sound asleep," (Y/N) replied, circling around the island and to her beloved.

"Look at that, it's only eight," he said with a chuckle, handing her the glass of the dark liquid.

She exhaled with desire as the glass was handed to her. "I definitely need this." They left the kitchen and landed themselves on the couch in front of the warm fire.

The house was dark with only the glow of the flame for light. (Y/N) was curled up under Roman's arm, her head rested on his shoulder as they watched the flames dance around in the fireplace. The comfortable silence was then broken by the sound of someone pounding at the door.

"I'll get it," (Y/N) insisted, handing her glass to the Upir before dashing towards the front door. When she opened it, she was shocked to be greeted by a familiar face.

"Peter? You're back!" She cheered, instantly wrapping her arms around the mans neck and burying her face into his scruffy neck.

"(Y/N), it's so good to see you," Peter said, a joyous grin painted on his face.

"Come in, come in. Roman will be thrilled to see you," she said, guiding her friend into the home.

Roman was now standing by the staircase, waiting to greet his longtime friend.

"Peter," Roman muttered before engulfing Peter into a friendly hug, his lips curled into a large grin. (Y/N) stood and watched with a smile as the two friends became re-acquainted.

"I thought you weren't coming back for another three months," Roman said, his hand still clutched onto Peter's shoulder.

"I ran out of money so I had to come back," Peter said, earning a snicker from both (Y/N) and Roman. "I just came by to say hello." He wrapped his long arm around (Y/N)'s shoulders and gave her a friendly squeeze.

(Y/N) noticed Roman's jaw clench at Peter's sudden actions which made her have to restrain a laugh at her beloveds jealousy. Roman didn't like other men touching her and he made that very clear. The young man never really was good with sharing. On top of that, (Y/N) and Peter dated for a little while in high school which probably made Roman feel even more uneasy. Nevertheless, that was quite some time ago and she was now in love with Roman so to her, he had nothing to worry about.

"Would you like a glass of wine? Or a beer?" (Y/N) asked, looking up into her friends dark eyes.

"No, no. I just wanted to see you guys. I missed ya," he said with a chuckle, giving her shoulders one last squeeze.

"Okay, well, we're glad you stopped by and you should come by again tomorrow because Nadia would love to see you," (Y/N) said before wrapping her arms around Peter's neck once more.

"I would love to see my little angel," he said with a chuckle before giving (Y/N) a chaste kiss on her cheek. Roman saw the little interaction and it made his blood to boil.

(Y/N) noticed Roman's state and placed her hand on his back, tracing gentle circles to calm him down before he'd say his goodbye's to his friend.

"Thanks for coming by," Roman muttered before giving Peter a friendly pat on the back, a little harder than necessary but nothing Peter couldn't handle.

"Alrighty then. See you guys tomorrow," Peter said before exiting the house.

Once he left, (Y/N) turned to face her enraged boyfriend. "You all right?" She asked, suppressing a laugh.

"What was that?" He snarled behind gritted teeth, his eyes fixed on the front door.

"What do you mean?" She questioned with a snicker. Roman crossed his harms, a look of vexation now taken over his features.

"Th-that kiss and the way he was touching you," Roman scowled, completely disgusted by his friends actions. She found it quite amusing how protective he could be, even when it came to his own best friend.

(Y/N) took her beloveds hands in hers and gave them a gentle kiss. "Roman, he was just being friendly. You know how Peter can be. He didn't mean anything more than what it was," she assured.

"And, my angel? Nadia is my daughter, not his,"b

"Roman, now you're just being ridiculous. Peter obviously knows Nadia is your daughter, he just really cares for her. Just like I do," she said, releasing his hands with an eye roll.

Roman drew in a deep breath, now calming down. He rose from the table and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her body into his. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I just — I don't want to lose you, especially to him," Roman confessed, his pale green orbs staring intently into hers.

"I'm yours, Roman, and I'm not going anywhere. I promise you," she said, before reaching up and connecting her lips with his — the kiss filled with passion and desire.

"I love you so fucking much," Roman muttered, keeping his forehead pressed against hers.

"I love you too. Now lets go drink some more wine and get cozy by the fire, shall we?"