stunt woman | bill

note: thank you guys so fucking much for 5k votes!!!! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the random shit I'm writing haha! 

+++

After having her hair and makeup done, (Y/N) made her way to set. The young actress was currently working on the film IT  in which she portrayed Richie Tozier's older sister, Alice. Today she was to be filming her scenes with Pennywise, the demonic, child-eating clown. Everyone on set was absolutely petrified of said clown, however, lucky for (Y/N), Pennywise was portrayed by her husband, Bill Skarsgard. 

Once in the studio, she saw Bill, in full clown makeup, discussing the first scene with the director, Andy Muschietti. (Y/N) went over to join them.

"Good morning," Bill greeted, attempting an adoring grin, however, due to the makeup, it looked more sinister than anything. 

(Y/N) snickered. "I'm sorry, baby, I can't take you seriously," she responded, eliciting a chuckle from both Andy and Bill. Andy then went on discussing the scene with the two, seeing as though they were the only ones in it. 

The first scene was going to be one of the toughest of her career. Her character was going to be lifted high into the air by Pennywise - at least fifty feet - then thrown against the cement wall and dropped to the ground. They offered to get a stunt double for her but (Y/N) craved challenges and was more than willing to accept this one. Besides, she was going to be strapped in to a harness and attached to a very sturdy cable, so it made this challenge perfectly safe.

After discussing said scene, Andy went off to talk to the stunt-coordinator to make sure everything was going according to plan. 

Although (Y/N) was eager to film, Bill couldn't help but worry. "Are you sure you want to do this? They have your double on stand-by," he informed. His eyes held a look of concern but (Y/N) couldn't tell because of the contacts he was wearing. 

The young woman thought it was very sweet at how worried her husband was. "Bill, I've done stuff like this before," she took his glove-covered hands in hers, giving them a reassuring squeeze. "It'll be fun," she added, a glimmer of excitement in her eyes. 

Bill drew in a deep breath. "Okay." He nodded. "Just be careful, alright? And if at any point-" she cut him off. "Baby, it's okay. I'll be fine," she assured. She wanted to kiss him, but his copious amounts of makeup made that impossible. 

Andy then called (Y/N) over so she could go over the stunt and process with the stunt-coordinator. The more he explained, the more uneasy she began to feel about it. However, the excitement completely clouded over her nerves, leaving her beyond eager to perform it. 

Once she was all strapped in and ready to go, Bill sauntered over to her, wanting to check in with her one last time. "How're you feeling?" He asked. A large grin stretched across her face. "Ecstatic," she responded, the look in her eyes making that evident. Bill didn't doubt his wife in the slightest. He was actually quite proud of her for taking on such a challenge. 

Andy then came over, making sure both were ready before they got into their positions. Once they were stood at their marks, Andy called "Action!" And the two were off.  Pennywise said a few lines, as did Alice, then his hand was wrapped around her neck as he lifted her into the air. Once she was out of his grasp, he released her from his grasp, sending her upward towards the ceiling of the sewer they were set in. 

As she was told, when she reached fifty feet, Pennywise snapped his fingers with that ghoulish giggle, sending Alice soaring towards the wall. However, as she was travelling at a decently fast speed, a loud screech was heard from the cable. The crew looked up and noticed one of the cables holding (Y/N) had malfunctioned and came undone from the machine used to help her fly. This malfunction caused her to hit the wall a lot harder than intended. 

(Y/N) grunted as her side forcefully collided with the wall, sending an intense pain throughout her head and shoulder. 

"(Y/N)!" Bill cried from below as everyone from the crew gasped, watching but not being able to do anything about it.

Bill then ran up to Andy and the stunt coordinator. "Get her down, now!" He ordered, waves of worry washing over him. "We're trying, Bill," Andy replied in a calmer tone as everyone was scrambling about. 

"(Y/N)!" Bill called to the woman as she was stationed up against the wall, clutching her upper arm. As her vision became more clear, she was able to re-focus, looking down at her anxious husband. "I'm okay," she called down. 

Andy then came up beside Bill. "We're gonna bring you down now, (Y/N), just hold on," he informed. Seconds later, she started in a slow descent towards the ground. Once in reach, Bill and Andy reached up and gently grabbed onto her, bringing her down and stabling her on the ground.

"Are you hurt?" Bill frantically asked, scanning his beloved over for any signs of a serious injuries. (Y/N) was still in slight shock but that didn't prevent the pounding pain in her head as well as in her shoulder. 

"Just my head and my shoulder, but I'm okay," she ensured, not wanting to worry him further. She was now certain that he was not going to let her perform a stunt ever again so she tried to make it seem a lot less serious than it probably was. 

"We have medics coming over now to take a look at you, so take a seat," Andy said as one of the production assistants brought over a chair. "Take it easy, alright? They shouldn't be much longer," he informed. (Y/N) nodded before he disappeared to go give the stunt-coordinator hell.

Bill then grabbed a blanket that was on the back of a chair and draped it around her shoulders before crouching down before her. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, placing his hands on her knees. Although he was trying to be sincere, (Y/N) still couldn't take him seriously while he was still in his clown makeup, so her lips curved upwards she tried to suppress a laugh. 

"What?" He asked, his lips twitching upwards as he was happy to see that she was. "I'm sorry, I still can't take you seriously," she admitted, letting out small laugh, only as she did so, a jolt of pain shot throughout her shoulder and head, causing her to wince. Bill noticed and his expression returned to one of worry.

Just then the medics arrived, rushing over to where she was seated. Bill got up and out of the way to allow them to examine her. 

After a few minutes of all sorts of examinations, they were finally finished. "Looks like you got lucky, (Y/N)," the woman said. "Just a mild concussion and a dislocated shoulder. You should be as good as new in a few weeks." A wave of relief washed over (Y/N) as the thought of being able to continue filming set in.

"So I'll be able to come back to the stunts and everything?" She asked for clarification. Only, Bill was the one who responded. 

"Absolutely not," he spoke, eliciting laughs from everyone around him.