day by day | roman

Day by Day part 1/3

+++

(Y/N) was pacing back and forth in her bathroom, waiting for the results of the pregnancy test she had taken moments before.

A few weeks back, her and her boyfriend, Roman, got a little too carried away and now, there she was, waiting to see what the future had in store for her. As she was waiting, her phone buzzed on the counter.

Roman: I miss you and Nadia so I'm leaving work early

take your time :(Y/N)

Roman: I'll be home in 20

(Y/N) replied with a heart then went back to her panic. She knew what happened with Letha and Nadia and how Olivia manipulated Roman into doing what he did and it scared her. It scared her knowing that if her baby was like Nadia, she could possibly die from the pregnancy.

Minutes had passed and she finally built up the courage to peek at the test. Her heart plummeted. It was positive.

The frightened woman knew she had always wanted to start a family but that wouldn't be much good if she and possibly her baby were dead. Her vision began blur as tears developed in her eyes. Her legs became weak so she slid down against the bathroom door until she hit the cool tile. With her knee's hugged to her chest, (Y/N) began to sob into them. She knew she had to tell Roman because he had a say in the situation — in what happened from then on.

(Y/N) was now curled up in her bed that she shared with Roman. Hundreds of thoughts and scenarios began to course through her head; how will Roman react? Will he leave her because he doesn't want to go through it again?  Or, will he stay and be there with (Y/N) through to the end?

Half an hour went by before she heard the front door open then footsteps approach the bedroom. The bedroom door squeaked open as Roman entered, removing his coat with a look of exhaustion.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Roman greeted before climbing in bed next to his beloved, her back against his chest as his arm wrapped around her torso. The young woman flinched as his hand gently grazed her stomach.

"You alright?" He asked in a more cautious tone, pulling his arm away and propping himself up on his elbow. (Y/N) nodded, avoiding eye contact with the man. "Somethings wrong, (Y/N). You can tell me," he whispered, his voice soft and comforting. Tears began to spill over her eyelids as she turned to face him. "Hey, hey, it's alright," Roman said in a low, comforting tone, his brows furrowed as he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

Seeing the woman he loved most in a state of such sadness made his heart shatter into a million pieces. He wanted nothing more than for her to be happy.

"Roman," she said under her breath as he pulled her into him, her sobs arising in her throat.

"It's okay, (Y/N), what's wrong?" He asked, caressing her cheek, his touch so soft, it made goosebumps prickle her skin.

"Roman —" she started, sitting up as Roman did too. He took her hands in his large ones, tracing small circles on the backs with his thumbs. "— I'm p-pregnant," she said, looking down at her clasped hands, too frightened to see his reaction.

Roman then released her hands before turning and rising from the bed. "I'm so sorry, Roman," she cried, crossing her arms over her stomach.

"This isn't your fault, (Y/N). It's mine. How could I let this happen to you?" He growled as he began pacing the room, clearly very angry with himself.

(Y/N) got up, taking Roman's hand in hers, stopping him from his pace. "Roman," she said, reaching up to cup his face with her hands. "We'll get through this." She tried to sound more sure rather than shaky and scared but that didn't quite happen.

He then placed his hands on hers, tracing small circles with his thumbs. "What if the baby is like Nadia? What if what happened to Letha happens to you?" He asked, choking on the last sentence at the unbearable thought.

"Everything will be okay," she said, forcing a smile when her eyes told a different story.

"I can't loose you, (Y/N). I won't survive without you," he said, his voice shaky as tears began to form in his eyes.

Roman couldn't seem to keep his gaze on her. When he looked at (Y/N), an image of her cold corpse came to mind, making him feel guilty for putting a baby in her that could possibly kill her. His legs suddenly became numb, forcing him to sit at the foot of the bed. (Y/N) then stepped forward between his legs, holding his head against her stomach as she combed her hand through his soft, chestnut hair.

"Roman, let's just take this day by day, okay? We'll get through it together and whatever happens, happens," she said with a reassuring grin as she continued to to massage her hands through his hair. (Y/N) was more so trying to convince herself that everything would be okay. "Just look at it this way, Nadia is going to be an older sister, I'm going to be a mother, and  you're going to have two beautiful children," she added. A hint of joy sparked in Roman's green eyes as he pulled his head back to look up at her, lifting his hands to her waist. "We're in this together and everything will turn out the way it's supposed to," she said before leaning down and connecting her lips with his.

The man then pulled away from her and planted a chaste kiss to her belly. She was right, they just had to take it one day at a time and hope that everything would turn out the way it's supposed to.

"I love you so fucking much, (Y/N). Nadia and I are so lucky to have you in our lives," he said, looking up into her eyes.

(Y/N) took his face in her hands. "And I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man and beautiful baby girl in mine," she replied before pressing her lips to his.