Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~

Reaper P.O.V

I couldn't help but to smile when I saw Geno walk into the cafeteria.  He looked...  Flustered as he took his usual place beside Blue.  He saw me, and gave a half wave, smiling slightly.  I grinned, and started towards him, ignoring Red's mocking comments.

"Heya sweetheart~" I called.  I slight red made it's way across Geno's cheeks.

"Hi," he muttered, averting his gaze.  I chuckled softly.

"I hope that your boss didn't give you too hard a time for knocking out a prisoner," I stated, smiling.  Geno's face turned a shade darker.

"H-he didn't," Geno stuttered, then said something else under his breath that I didn't quite catch.

"What was that?"  I asked, tilting my head to the side.  Geno's blush grew even darker.

"N-nothing!"  He denied.  I smiled.

"If you say so~" I cooed, smirking when his blush deepened even further.  I looked back to Red and G, who were both watching the conversion with massive smirks on their faces, and sighed.  "Ah, well, I just came to check up on you, I'll be going now."

"Bye..."  Geno murmured.

"Bye, sweetheart~" I called over my shoulder. I grinned when I heard Blue start teasing him, then joined Red and G back at our table, ignoring their mocking comments.

~~~~~~~~~~

~Time Skip~

I sighed, and collapsed onto the bed in my cell.  I rolled onto my stomach, and buried my face in the grotty pillow, face burning as I thought of the things that G and Red had said.

I was still hiding my face in my pillow when I heard the cell door opening.

"Hey Reaper," Geno's voice called.  I jolted, and whirled to face him.

"O-oh, h-heya sweetheart," I stuttered, cringing internally.  Geno tilted his head to the side, eyes narrowed,

"Are you okay?  You look as if you're about to have a stroke," he commented.  I only flushed more, but managed to give a flirty smirk.

"You sound as if you care~" I managed, throwing him a wink, the heat in my face fading rapidly.  A sudden blush made it's way across his face, and he looked away.

"Maybe I do," Geno muttered.  Heat touched at my cheeks again, but I pretended not to hear him.

"Sorry, what was that?"  I asked, tilting my head to the side in mock confusion.  Geno's blush brightened.

"Nothing."  I scoffed.

"Oh, c'mon, sweetheart~ You can tell me~" I chided, standing, and crossing the cell.  Geno's blush brightened, but he shook his head stubbornly, crossing his arms.  My smirk grew.

"No need to act so cold, sweetheart~" I giggled, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. 

Geno tensed under my touch, and his flustered appearance disappeared, a fearful look replacing it, but he didn't make a move away.  I frowned in concern.

"Sweetheart?"  I called.  I jumped when Geno whimpered, and started trembling.  I released him immediately, backing away from him while he wrapped his arms around himself, still shivering slightly.

"Sweetheart, you okay?"  I asked, going to comfort him, then deciding against it.  Geno took in a deep breath, then slowly dropped his arms to his sides.

"Y-yeah, sorry about that," he responded, giving a shaky smile.  I sat back on the bed, patting the space beside me as an invitation for him to join.

My frown deepened when Geno walked over to my side stiffly, and sat down, edging away from me.  I took his hand in mine, but he started shaking again, so I dropped it.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"  I questioned gently.  Geno shook his head quickly.

"N-nothing, nothing's wrong," he reassured, faking a smile.  I sighed, and wrapped an arm around his waist, drawing him closer to me, and wrapping him in a hug.  Heat overtook my entire face when he - after some hesitation - snuggled into my chest.  I shifted his legs so that he was sitting in my lap.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?  You can tell me, y'know," I comforted, resting my chin on his shoulder, rubbing small circles on his back.  Geno didn't respond, and instead drew away, and walked out of my cell.

"I should go," he muttered, leaving without any further words.  I stared after him, then sighed, and leaned back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling, wanting to help him, but completely unable to.

~~~~~~~~~~

Geno P.O.V

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"  Reaper questioned gently.  I shook my head quickly, memories flashing through my mind.

"N-nothing, nothing's wrong," I lied, forcing a smile.  Reaper paused, then sighed.  I froze when he wrapped an arm around my waist, drawing me closer to him, and wrapping me in a hug.  I forced myself to relax into his chest, and he shifted my legs so that I was sitting in his lap.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?  You can tell me, y'know," Reaper comforted softly, resting his chin on me shoulder, and rubbing small circles on my back. 

I froze up.

~~~ Flashback ~~~

I snuggled into my boyfriend's chest, closing my eyes in content, my worries chased away by his presence.

"Babe, what's wrong?  You can tell me, y'know," he comforted, rubbing small circles onto my back.  I sniffed, hugging him tighter.

"Just a rough day at work," I replied.  My boyfriend sighed.

"I swear, if they don't get onto those assholes soon, I'll sort them out myself," he muttered.  I giggled softly, and my boyfriend smiled at me.

"I love you, Geno, you know that, right?"  He stated quietly.  I smiled.

"I know, and I love you too," I reaffirmed.  My boyfriend smiled wider, and kissed me softly.

"Good," he proclaimed, before kissing me again.

~~~ Flashback End ~~~

I recalled the events that took place after that happening, and could barely hold back tears.

Happiness really is only temporary.

I pulled away from Reaper, turned, and walked it of the cell.

"I should go," I muttered, leaving without saying anything else.  I found my way to a secluded corner of the prison, - a small, empty cupboard - and shut myself in.  I drew my knees up to my chest, lost in the past that I would much rather forget - but not crying; I don't cry.

At least, not anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, I feel as if this story shall - finally - take an angsty turn ;3