Chapter 28

~~~~~~~~~~

Ink P.O.V

I sighed quietly, working to transfer physical, handwritten files onto a computer.

'Working is so boring.'

I sighed again, reaching for the next file, only for my hand to freeze.

It was Ruru's file.

'Name: Error. Q

Appearance: Dark skin, black hair, dark blue eyes

Known disabilities/weaknesses: Haphephobic, speech impairment of some caliber, has the tendency to freeze randomly for varying periods of time.

Wanted for: Multiple counts of murder

Status: At large, has been for over 12 years.'

I forced a smile through my tears.

'They don't have much on him, do they?' I thought, even though I was part of 'they'.

I sighed quietly, hesitating, then typing his entry onto the computer.

This is what I wrote.

'Name: Error, (Last Name unknown)

Appearance: Unknown

Known disabilities/weaknesses: None

Status: At large, has been for 12 years."

I choked out a soft laugh, tears streaming down my face as I saved the file into the database.

"You're welcome..." I whispered to the air, before taking the original file, folding it up small and sticking it into one of my pockets.

My hands clenched into fists, and I choked out a few shaky sobs, making sure to keep quiet.

'I'm so sorry, Ruru... I'm so, so sorry...'

I curled in on myself as I sobbed silently into my arms, the only picture I had of 'us' clutched to my chest.

It was a picture of when Error and I had been cosplaying; Error had dressed as Haruhi Fujioka, while I had cosplayed as Tamaki Suoh.

My arms were wrapped around him securely, and he was half hiding his face in my chest, his small, overly shy smile easily visible. His hands were balled around the front of my shirt, keeping me as close as possible.

The picture had been taken by Error's younger brother, actually, without either of us knowing.

It was the only piece of Error that I had left.

'I can't do anything right... I hurt him... I hurt everyone... I'm a terrible person...'

It was then that I heard a knock on the door.

I immediately uncurled, straightening my things, hiding the picture in it's usual pocket.

'Close to my heart.'