Chapter 45

~~~~~~~~~~

Geno P.O.V

Both of us froze at the sound of a ringing phone, dread filling the air.

Eventually, Reaper stood, walking to the bedroom, then coming back with his phone in hand, his eyes wide.

"Gen..." he whispered, shaking slightly.  "It's...  it's the same number that...  that... paid me to...  they want to do a video chat, and..."

The phone stopped ringing, and everything was quiet for a long while, then Reaper and I both jolted when the caller rung a second time.

I hesitated for a long while, then nodded slowly.

"Answer it.  Put masking tape over the camera first, though," I said lowly.  Reaper nodded, disappearing into the kitchen for a few moments, re-emerging with the camera taped over.

We made brief eye contact, then he pressed answer, taking a seat on the couch.  I joined him, curling up to his side, staring at the phone intently as the focus slowly sharpened.

I tensed immediately, as did Reaper, my mouth going dry from fear and shock.

"Heya Reapy~" my ex purred out, his arm wrapped around Lust's neck, both of them shirtless, their body's twisted together, a thin veil of sweat on each of their faces. Neither seemed phased that they couldn't see us, they just took it in stride. "Surprised to see us?~"

Reaper said nothing, but Classic laughed.

"Oh, and I'm sure you're curious about how we're even contacting you right now~ See, we followed your lead and escaped together- Oh!  Did I mention that Lust and I are together now?~"

My stomach turned as I watched Lust kiss Classic's cheek sweetly, the former smiling wryly.

I felt Reaper's hand grab mine, and he intertwined our fingers together gently, just as I was going to throw up.

'I don't even want to know what they've been doing besides hiring Reaper to kill my mother...'

The thought was small, barely there as I watched the two warily, feeling sickened at their behaviour.

"So~ How did your little sweetheart like the present?~" Classic asked sarcastically, the emphasis on 'your' making my stomach twist.

It was as if he was implying that I didn't belong to Reaper, but to them.

When there was silence from our end, and Classic giggled softly, snuggling into Lust's chest, making himself comfortable as Lust smirked, wrapping his arms around the other in a possessive, loving manner.

"Geno's listening, isn't he?~" Classic guessed easily, purring softly from Lust's actions.  "Hey there baby~ Why don't you come join?~ We can all three have fun together~"

I froze up, shaking ever so slightly, gripping onto Reaper's hand tightly as he growled out a threatening 'Quiet'.

"Oh!  So you can speak!" Classic exclaimed. Lust smiled amusedly, shaking his head at the other, resting his chin on Classic's shoulder.