Chapter 37

~~~~~~~~~~

Geno P.O.V

I followed Reaper into the kitchen, holding onto his hand gently, our fingers twined together, my heart fluttering in my chest.

It was... beyond weird to have him call my name, to feel him submit to me, for him to give me complete control over his body, just from a few simple touches.

It was almost as if he had never done anything like that before.

I shook my head, pushing the thought from my mind, my face burning.

'Well fuck you too brain.'

I turned to Reaper, blushing more.

"Any ideas for what we should make to eat?" I asked softly, my face hot, gazing up at him, smiling slightly when I saw the soft pink tinting his cheeks.  He paused for a while, looking thoughtful.

"...We could make pasta..?" he said eventually. 

I hesitated, memories running through my head; memories of spaghetti and paprika and laughter and baking, making me tear up just by thinking about it, just by thinking of the person who left behind the scarf that I now wear.

I snapped out of my daze when Reaper raised his hand to cup my face.

"Gen..? Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He asked softly. I hesitated, then breathed out a soft sigh, leaning into his touch, giving a small smile.

"Just... memories," I said softly, shaking my head slightly, placing my hand over the one at my cheek, gazing up at Reaper with a small smile. "It's okay, Reaps, don't worry."

He took on a doubtful expression, but before he could say anything, I spoke again. "Anyway, pasta sounds great," I said truthfully, nuzzling into his hand. He gave a slight smile, pulling me closer gently, pressing his lips to mine softly, then pulling away slowly.

"If you want to talk, I'm right here, okay..? I'm here for you, and I always will be. You know that, right..?" He said quietly, gazing into my eyes searchingly, stroking my cheek gently. I leant into his gentle caresses, giving a small smile and nod.

"I do.... and thank you," I whispered. Reaper smiled softly, pulling me to his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist securely.

"Don't mention it, sweetheart," he murmured. I smiled, relaxing into his arms for a few moments, then sighing and pulling away.

"We should get started on that food," I suggested. Reaper laughed softly, turning and opening a cupboard to his right, taking a saucepan.

"I guess we did get a bit sidetracked, didn't we?" He commented, making me laugh.

I soon turned to open another cupboard, scanning it for ingredients, reaching to grab a packet of pasta that was conveniently placed on the topmost shelf, then sighing heavily. My fingers were a half inch away from the packet, even when I was on the tips of my toes.

Short people struggles.

I sighed again, stretching up slightly more, my fingers grazing the packet. I strained slightly further, but only succeeded in pushing the packet further away from me.