New Kid (Josh Dun) Part 2

Several Weeks Later

"The way he looks at you, dude, Josh likes you." Jenna says one day. I roll my eyes at her. Him and Tyler are doing homework in the library today at lunch, and the rest of our group had other things to do, so Jen and I were hanging out by ourselves. "Okay, don't do that. I know you think literally no one on this planet could like you, but you have to admit that he tries to hang out with you more than the rest of our friends. He also smiles more when he looks at you, and he looks at you a lot."

"Okay, so say if he does that, he also does those things with Tyler."

"Are you saying that Josh is gay? Or bi?" She teases.

"God I hope not." I say without thinking. I realize what I said and Jenna smiles. "Wait, that isn't what I-"

"You like Josh Dun! Holy shit, (Y/N)!" Jenna says loudly. I glare. "Okay, well, our group is going to the movies tonight, you should sit with him!"

"Jenna Black, not a chance!" I growl.

"(Y/N) (L/N), yes. Come on! I'll text our group chat, and we'll arrange something."

"I don't feel very comfortable with this." I run my hand through my fading hair.

"I promise we won't push you to do anything, but you should sit with him. It'll be like a date!"

"Jenna!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh smiles at me as we walk toward the right theatre

Josh smiles at me as we walk toward the right theatre. I try my best to ignore the fluttering in my stomach.

"You alright?" He asks, walking backwards to face me. I nod, breathing in deep. "You sure?" I smile back at him, halfheartedly.

"Absolutely. Just nervous." He nearly runs into someone. I grab his elbow and pull him away from the man a few years older than us. "Watch where you're going, Dun. You'll run someone over." He blushes, moving his arm back to his side gently.

"Maybe I want to."

"Don't be a smart ass." I sass. He looks over, then laughs softly.