Flower Shop AU (Josh Dun)

Josh's POV

I'm carefully watering the fern next to the counter when the door slams open and the bell lets out a small ding. I look up, startled. A woman stomps toward the counter, looking pissed. She puts her hands on the counter and leans over it.

"How do you passive aggressively say "fuck you" in flower?" She demands. My mouth falls open a little, and I put the watering can down.

"What?" I say stupidly. She brushes her hair away from her face. She's pretty. Like, really pretty, but she's scaring me.

"She's so aggressive, and the leather jacket, coloured hair, and tattoos peaking out from her sleeve combination both turns me on a little, and makes me want to just hide behind the cactus display."

"Hello? I said how do you passive aggressively-"

"No, I heard you the firsts time. Why do you need to know?"

"My boyfriend cheated on my with my best friend at a party a few days ago. I want to send them a bouquet saying, "hey, fuck you guys!"  Do you know how to do that?"

"Yeah, uhh, hold on." I reach under the counter for the book with a bunch of flowers and their meanings in it. I flip through, looking for the right page. She sighs, looking intently at me. Her glare falters, forming into a scowl. "Yeah, here we go, uhh, you're going for anger, and hatred?" She nods. "Okay, so uhh, geraniums for stupidity, fox- foxgloves for insincerity, umm, yellow carnations for disappointment, and, umm, orange lilies for, for hatred. It'll look pretty, but I can put a note in it describing the plants and what they're meanings are." I'm stuttering over my words because I'm nervous, but she just breaks out in a smile.

"That sounds perfect. Can I get two of those?"  I write that down in my notebook.

"I'll have to, umm, order in the orange lilies because we don't have them in stock right now, but yeah, hold on." She sighs again. I bite my lip, my gaze flickering down to her lips.

"Shit, alright." I grab the phone, pulling the cord so that it stretches a bit away from the counter. I order in some orange lilies before turning back to her.

"Okay, so the lilies will be in some time next week-"

"You're really nervous right now, aren't you?" She interrupts. I take a shaky breath, nodding a little. "Why?" I hear the taunting.

"Umm, no reason." I lie.

"Is it because of me? Because I can assure you, I don't bite, unless you want me to." I look up in time to see her wink. I blush.

"I, uhh, anyway, the lilies will be in next week, and it would take a day to make the arrangements. If I can get your phone number, we'll call you when they're ready, or you can pay to have them delivered." My voice is shaking as I hold out a pad of paper and a pen.

"Alright, but if you wanted my number, you could have just asked." She flirts. I blush harder, scratching the back of my head awkwardly. She scribbles her phone number down before handing me back the stuff. She looks at my name tag. "Joshua, it was nice doing business with you."

"Thanks, umm, I don't know your name."

"(Y/N). See you some time next week, cutie." She waltz out of my shop. I breathe hard before kicking the counter.

"Idiot! You complete idiot!" I shout at myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week, I'm just finishing up on (Y/N)'s arrangements when the shop door opens softly. I look up to see a head of purple hair bobbing in and out of the tulips.