Perfect (Patrick Stump)

I found a love for me.
Darling just dive right in,
Follow my lead.
I found a girl, beautiful and sweet.
And I never knew you were that someone waiting for me.
Cuz we were just kids when we fell, in, love
Not knowing what it was.
I will not give you up, this time.

Baby I'm, dancing in the dark, with you between my arms.

"Patrick! Come on, lets dance. Everyone else is!" I whine at my friend. Momma and Papa took me to a wedding for Patrick's Mom and Dad. "Besides, our momma's say we gotta." Patrick and I have been friends for seven years, so our whole lives. Well, my whole life. He had one year to himself before I came in. Before we came to the dancing portion of the night, Patrick's mum said we have to dance together at least once. I thought that it was wonderful, but Patrick didn't. He thought it was gross. I felt bad at that, because I really like him. Like more than a friend. I told mum about it and she said I am starting to love him. I told her that that's crazy, because I've always loved him. He's always so nice and he's always there to play, and too be honest, he's cute.

"(Y/N), I can't dance, you know this." The song changes to a slower song, and everyone watches his parents dancing. His mom looks at me, like she's saying, "come on!" I sigh and grab Patrick's hands.

"I don't care. I don't want to get into trouble." I jerk him out of his seat and tow him onto the dance floor. "Come on. Just follow my lead." I look at everyone else and see that the girls hands are on the boys shoulders and the boys hands are on the girls hips. I do as the girl does. "Hands on my hips, Stumph." I order, messing up his last name. He does as I say. I look around again. "Now sway. Side to side slowly." I start to do that and he follows my lead. I scoot closer, locking my hands behind his neck. I don't look at him.

"Am I even doing this right?" He asks, unsure. I nod, my cheeks going hot.

"Yeah. You are." I feel him staring at me. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"No. You just look pretty in dress." My cheeks go hotter.

"Thank you."

"(Y/N), can you promise something?"

"What, Patrick?" I ask innocently.

"If neither of us are dating someone else 10 years, will you be my girlfriend then?"

"Yes, Trick, I promise."

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song.
When you said you looked immense, I whispered underneath my breath.
You heard it, darling you look perfect tonight.

"(Y/N)! Hurry up!" I shout down the hill at her. My heart jumps when I see her in a little blue dress. She's always been more girly than the other girls I've met. She's been dressing that way for 7 years now. I don't know why, but she started wearing pretty dresses after my mom and dad got married. I love the way she looks in them.

"I can't! These damned shoes won't let me!" She calls back up. She slips a little and catches herself. I laugh.

"Then take them off!"

"Are you kidding? No, Stump!" She giggles. My heart does a little skip. God, this is bad. I can't have a crush on my best friend. I've tried to get rid of it, but it won't work.

"I'll take off my shoes, if you do!"

"Really?" (Y/N) asks hopeful.

"Really really. Here." I sit on the ground and take off my socks and shoes, leaving them in a pile next to the CD player I grabbed from home, and my guitar case. I run down the hill, helping (Y/N) with her ballet flats. We run back up together and I throw her shoes off to the side.