I Did My Waiting! (Patrick Stump)

(12 years of it! In Azkaban! No one, alright)

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Patrick. I grin.

"Hey babe." He greet, biting his lip a little. He leans forward and pecks my cheek.

"You seem really happy this morning. What's got you in a good mood?"

"My parents talked to me when I came downstairs, and they said they got a letter from that record label we sent our video to." He's referring to the band him and a few of his friends. They want to get signed and make it big. I firmly believe they can.

"Yeah? What did it say?"

"They said they want to meet with us, and watch us live." He says quickly. I don't have enough time to express my happiness for them.

"Hey nerds! Whatcha talking about?" Charlie leans against the locker next to mine. I roll my eyes, looking at Patrick.

"We were talking about how small your dick is. Your boyfriend there," I gesture at his friend Daniel, "had told our friend Pete about it and Pete told us. It's only 3 inches, or so I've heard. The rest must have been donated to your ego." I sass. Patrick giggles.

"You find that funny, Twig?" He picks up Patrick by his collar and pushes him against the lockers.

"No!" He cries out, scared. His eyes are trained on anything but Charlie's face.

"Actually he does. Charlie, back the fuck up, right now." Pete steps beside them and shoves Charlie away.

"Protecting your boyfriend, are you?" Charlie mocks weakly.

"No but I will. Either leave or I can have my father fire your mother." Joe joins in.

"Bunch of queers." He scoffs, walking away. Daniel follows him and I stifle laughter.

"He really need to learn that we aren't to be fucked with." Andy steps in front of me. "Good morning, friends."

"Morning. I heard back from the record label we sent our video to." Pete's eyes go wide.

"What did they say?"

"They said they want to see us in person and speak to us." Patrick's voice shakes a little. He's really happy about this.

"Oh my god! When?"

"Whenever. We are supposed to call them as soon as possible."

"That's amazing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~A Few Days Later~~~~~~~~~

I wait on Patrick's front porch for him to get home. He, Pete, Joe, and Andy should be here any minute. I see the old van pull in. I stand up and walk over. Patrick bounds out, smiling. 

"Did you get it?" I ask. He nods. "Oh my god, that's amazing!" He grabs my hips and kisses me quickly. "I'm so proud of you guys!"

"We're gonna make money off of it. Like it's going to be an actual job, and we are gonna go on tour, and-"

"Patrick, (Y/N), come on! We're gonna go to our spot, let's go!" Joe shouts from the drivers side. Patrick's grabs my hand and we climb in.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you four!" I say once I'm buckled in.

~~~~~~~~~Several Years Later~~~~~~~~

"I know, I missed your call yesterday, but we had a show, and it ended up running late because of tech malfunct-"

"It's alright, Tricky. I get it." I cut him off, trying not to sound hurt. This has been happening so often, and I get that he's playing music, and he's on this small tour opening for another band, but the fact that he only really calls when it's convenient for him hurts.