Moving Out (Dan Howell)

A/N: yes, I said Patrick before. I changed it because I realized that I hadn't done a Dan one in a while

"Okay, big brother, moms yelling at me that I need to apply for colleges again." I say the minute he picks up the phone.

"Yeah, this is Phil. Dan told me to pick up his phone." His roommate says in the soft voice he has.

"Oh shit. Where is he?"

"-for fucks sake!" I hear my brother scream in the background.

"Dan! Your sister's calling with a crisis!" Phil shouts, pulling the phone away from his face. I hear footsteps stomp quickly toward the phone.

"(Y/N)!" Dan says, slightly out of breath. "What're you calling for? There's a crisis?"

"Yeah, Mum's trying to get me to apply to colleges again, and Adrian's now in trouble because he told her off for yellin' at me, and I have no idea what to do. Like, I want to apply to colleges, but all my friends have already graduated, and Mum can't afford it."

"I'll pay for it." He answers after a moments hesitation.

"Absolutely not! You are not paying for college, because then you'll have to pay for me living on campus, and that's just way too much!" I argue.

"(Y/N), quiet down!" Adrian complains.

"Oh shush." I say softly, but lower my voice anyway.

"Tell Adrian I say hi!"

"Dan says hi, dipshit." I tell our youngest brother. He waves back.

"But I can afford it, and why would I have to pay for residence for you?" Dan brings back out argument.

"Because any college I've looked at is way too far away to live at home."

"Have you tried the university near my flat?" I freeze, pressing my fist against my mouth. I think for a moment. "Then you could live here, and-"

"Are you sure?" I ask quickly. "Like, would you be okay with me living there?"

"Yeah. You're like a golden retriever. You listen well, you don't make much noise, you just need snacks and occasionally you need attention, plus, Phil fucking loves having you over."

"What about me?" I hear in the background.

"Would you be alright with (Y/N) living here while she's goes to uni?" There's a pause. "Alrighty, apply. I gotta go, I'll send you the link later. Bye!" He hangs up. I'm left thinking about living in London, with Phil and Dan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alrighty fucker, I start my semester at the uni near your flat in 4 months!" I say when Dan picks up the phone.

"Why don't I just give Dan the phone whenever you call." I hear Phil mutter. I snort.

"I'm so so sorry, Philly. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. Daniel, you stupid idiot! Keep your phone on your person!" He shouts. "I'll let you tell him." He mutters into the phone before he hands it off.

"Wait, tell me what?" Dan asks. "Tell me what?" He says, this time directed at me.

"I got in! 4 months until the semester starts."

"Oh my god! Good for you! (Y/N), that's fucking fantastic." He pauses. "Phil, (Y/N)'s coming to live with us!" I hear him shout excitedly. I roll my eyes, grinning. "Okay, okay. I need to get you an underground pass, and I'm going to travel up to visit to help you pack, and then we'll go back together. We have an extra room anyway, you can live in there. I'll come up immediately, and then we-"