Confessions (Dallon Weekes)

Kinda going off of the Heart Rate of a Mouse AU I wrote a while back.

"No, I feel like our band works how a family works. Not much like a business partnership, like a family." I answer Shane vaguely. "A dysfunctional family, of course, but a family nonetheless. I don't remember ever not liking Mike, Dan, and Dallon."

Shane wanted to interview me, wanting to add a little bit of our band onto the documentary, like a special feature, about us. Cool, slightly weird, but cool anyway.

"And when did you decide that you wanted a band? And why choose your band mates?" Shane asked from his position behind the camera.

"I decided wanted a band when I saw Dan and Dallon performing in a bar about a year and a half ago. I was in Ohio visiting a friend, and I heard Dallon's voice and that's what caught my attention. I was so intently fascinated with their performance, so I went up them afterward, and Dan recognized me immediately. He got all excited, and he was saying things like, "holy shit, you're (Y/N) (L/N). You toured with The Followers." and "I saw you in here about a year ago, you were amazing!"  It was adorable.

"Uhh, I asked them if they wanted to join me on the Hiding Away tour, which was the one that Dan had first became part of the band, and of course Dan said yes, but Dal was just so unimpressed. He thought I was full of myself, and literally said to me "You just think because you have a somewhat successful music career that I'm just going to join you? God, famous people are annoying." and he walked away! I dunno, that was just so funny when it happened, and I was so surprised that I just said, "okay then. If you want to join me on tour, I'm staying at the Holiday, just come by and we can talk then". Dallon came to one of our shows later that year and asked to join, and I just immediately said yeah, and from then on I had both Dal, and Dan with me.

"I found Mike when I saw some kid arguing with the secretary at the label head/ studio, saying he bought studio time, and I just kinda walked up and was like "what's the problem?" and he had explained the problem, and I just said that he could take my studio time, because I had finished up for the day and still had a few hours booked. But I didn't leave, I wanted to sit  and watch the kid play. So I did, and I fucking loved it, and because I was already looking for a guitarist, I decided to ask him." I explained.

"Okay, last question. What do you like most about being on stage?"

"My favourite part of being on stage, is knowing that that every night, even if I screw up, I won't have to deal with the consequences of that screw up until I next come back. Also, knowing I have this whole "stage date" thing with Dal, Dan, and Mike, which is like, the best thing, because no matter what happens on stage, we all know that it doesn't matter once we aren't on tour anymore. I mean it could, but it's not like it's incredibly serious."

"Alrighty, and that's everything for the interview. Thanks, (Y/N)." He stands up, at the same time I do, and we hug.

"No problem Shane. Hey, when you see B next, tell him that I'm gonna talk to him on how to properly destring my bass after the show. He hasn't been doing it properly, and I've had to replace a few strings."

"Absolutely. See ya later." I smile and head out of the dressing room. "Hey!" I pop my head back in. "Ask Ryan when he's gonna be available for his interview. I need to do it before leg one of the tour is up." I nod and head out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the show, Dallon decided that "it would be great if we went to the club and got drunk". Yeah, real great, considering now I don't know where Dan is, and both Brendon and Ryan headed back to the busses because "they were tired". Yay, love worrying about people when I'm supposed to be having fun. Mike comes up to the table where I'm pouting, and hiding away from a few fans who followed us here after the concert.