Chapter 41

With a sea breeze in their faces, Wulfenite and Peridot arrived at the temple. "After we get the new tape, we can continue the series!" Peridot yelled excited. "Yay... I'm so excited..." Wulfenite said nervously, holding the fact that he doesn't like the series at all for himself; "Let's go get it." Wulfenite opened the door and saw a strange scenario. Steven was sitting on his knees, looking down. Pearl sat on a stool and Garnet, together with Amethyst, stood behind Steven. "Does this happen often?" Wulfenite whispered to Peridot. "Not that I know..." Peridot whispered back. Suddenly, Garnet unfused. Sapphire was looking very angry. "She lied to us!" She yelled. Ruby tried to calm her down, but to no success. Sapphire jumped on the warp pad and left. Ruby fell down on her knees. Steven noticed Wulfenite and Peridot standing at the door. Amethyst ran off into her room and so did Pearl. Steven and Ruby remained. "Ehm, what happened?" Wulfenite said worried. "Wulfenite, Peridot, I just figured something out. Don't overreact, please." "I don't think that's possible if it made Garnet split up..." Peridot said. "Well, let's try anyway." Wulfenite said positively. "Okay then," Steven said; "I... I'm Pink Diamond." Wulfenite stared at Steven, then burst out in laughter. "Good one, Steven, but I can disprove. I was present at the scene of shattering. Well, technically, I was outside. We needed to leave the diamond room, because Rose Quartz needed to talk to Pink Diamond. Then, next thing we heard... shards of pink were scattered all over the floor." Wulfenite let out a tear; "We rushed back inside, both Pearl and Rose were gone..." Steven stood up and cleared his throat. "I just came from Pearl's pearl, I saw it happening. Pearl was disguised as Pink in that room. Didn't you notice her absence?" Wulfenite looked down, then sat down on the couch, next to Ruby. Steven continued: "Rose isn't real. She is Pink Diamond. After everybody left, Pearl shapeshifted into Rose, and Rose returned to her original form, leaving some shards of perished Quartzes on the floor." "So, Pearl lied to me..." Wulfenite said. "She had no choice, it was her last order. She obeyed it until today." "I can't believe it... do you know what this means? Steven, you're my mother!" Peridot fell from the couch: "WHAAAAT?!?!" Steven was shocked too: "Woah, that's messed up... dad is a granddad..!" Wulfenite jumped up: "About Greg, does he know? Did Ro- I mean mom, tell him? Do you know?" Steven looked down. "I don't know if mom told him and I want to wait until I think it's a right time to ask him." "I understand. I'm just glad that mom is still alive... and then to think I called Rose a traitor. It's funny when I think about all the times I cursed Rose for killing mom, I both loved mom and hated her unknowingly. Wait a second... if I am Pink Diamond's son, and you're Rose Quartz's son, does that mean you're my brother too?!" Peridot fainted. "That's awesome! You're my brother, bro!" Steven yelled as he hugged Wulfenite. "This is fun and all, but Sapphire is gone." Ruby said while looking down; "I never thought she would take it like this. We need to explain to her why Rose did what she did." "If we're ever gonna find her..." Wulfenite said. Ruby jumped up from the couch and walked up to Wulfenite. "You need to find her! She's my everything!" Ruby said with a begging tone. "Why don't we all go look for her?" Wulfenite suggested. "Good idea! We'll go look for her. All of us. Wulfenite! Go get Lapis and go search!" Ruby ran to the warp pad and left the temple. "She'll find her, I'm sure." Wulfenite said; "Sapphire just needs some time. Not everybody can be so understanding and easy as me." Peridot woke up grunting. "Woah, what did I miss?" "Nothing much, Peri. Let's go home and watch that series of yours." "Alright!!" Peridot yelled. "We'll join Ruby tomorrow on her search. I need to inform Lapis about all this." Wulfenite told Steven. "Okay, see you tomorrow." Steven said as he closed the door behind Wulfenite and Peridot. "...I'm going to need some time to process all of this." Steven sighed.