Prologue: Chapter 1

The night fell on Homeworld. Blue, Yellow and Pink Diamond were all on a distant planet named s3xl. They had constructed a giant laboratory there to make something nobody ever thought was possible. A gem capable of defeating the Diamonds themselves. "Make sure it's stable. We can't risk it falling on the ground and damaging it." Yellow Diamond said. The rubies put the Amethyst on a iron holder. "It's ready for fusion!" one of the rubies said. Yellow Diamond nodded at Pink to sign that she could pull the handle. "Alright! One modified gem coming up!" Pink pulled the handle down and the machine turned on. A bright flash came from the laser beam that collided with the gem. The laser stopped. The Diamonds looked at the smoking gem. It was constantly changing colors. "Is it supposed to do that?" Blue asked the others. "I don't think so..." Pink said. "What is it doing?!" Yellow asked one of the rubies with a menacing tone. "I-It's just choosing a new color! Nothing to be worried about!" A Ruby answered scared. "How long does that take?" Blue Diamond asked the Ruby. "Well, it should be done soon, but the time it takes for it to reform is a long time. Probably a day or so." " Then we'll come back tomorrow. For now, secure the facility and leave." Yellow Diamond said. "Will do! Leave it to us!" The Ruby saluted the Diamonds and went to sit behind a computer. The Diamonds went to their individual ships and went back to Homeworld. "Okay! Everything's ready for lockdown! Let's leave." The Ruby yelled. All of the rubies left the laboratory and locked it down.

Twelve hours later, a Ruby ship arrived. A Ruby left the ship to explore: "Woah! Look! I found a weird building!" The other four rubies left the ship. "We should go in!" Another Ruby said. "But it's locked!" "Leave that to me." A Ruby said as she hacked the code with an arm pad she found. "Come inside." The rubies entered the facility. A while later, they found the room where the modified Amethyst was resting. "What is that?" The captain Ruby asked. "That must be Project 2.0." The somewhat smarter Ruby said. She had found the computer on which the lab Rubies worked; "It has all sorts of data! This gem is meant to be capable of defeating the Diamonds! They wish for it to not be able to fuse and feel emotion. So it's just a pure fighting machine. Just as brain dead as a Pearl." One of the Rubies was holding the gem: "It's so shiny!" "Be careful, we don't want it to break!" The smarter Ruby said. Then, the Ruby holding the gem stumbled over a box and dropped it in a tub of liquid gem fluid. "You fool! Get it out!" The Ruby looked in terror at the tub: "Y-You do it!" "I can't! That might be gem corruption fluid! It will damage your gem if it touches it! And my gem is located on the palm of my hand, so you have to grab it." The Ruby sighed and tried to take the gem from the tub, but dropped it a second time. "Oh my stars, you idiot! Hurry! We need to leave!" The Ruby finally managed to pick up the gem and bubble it. "Let's leave!" The captain Ruby ordered. The gems ran outside and flew away with the door still open. Inside, the gem reformed.