Part 50

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Clint open the door right now!" Coulson shouted as he pounded on the door. 

"Agent Barton. Agent Coulson is at the door and he will not leave no matter what I have tried. Please wake up. Agent Barton!" Jarvis yelled trying to wake up a hung over Clint to no avail. When nothing worked Jarvis turned on the alarm and let Coulson in to wake Clint up. 

When Coulson entered he saw the utter state of destruction that the house was in. The furniture was missing the cushions and were turned over, the pictures were thrown all over the house and the frames were shattered, and there were liquor bottles everywhere. 

"Aww Clint, come on really?" Coulson muttered as he made his way through the destruction to the master bedroom to find Clint still passed out. Coulson shook him and shouted at him to no response so he got a glass of water from the kitchen and threw it onto Clint.

"You will not touch my family you dirty bastards!" Clint screamed in Russian while putting a gun to Coulson's head. 

"Hey. Hey. Look at me. Calm down, it's just me." Coulson said approaching gently and putting his hands up.

"Coulson! What the hell are you doing here? How did you find this place?" Clint yelled because he didn't have his hearing aids in.

"Put your hearing aids in. I'll explain everything." Coulson signed quickly as Clint realized and put the gun away. 

"Let me repeat myself. What are you doing here and how did you find this place?" Clint grumbled angrily as he put his hearing aids in. 

"Clint you didn't do a very good job of hiding yourself after everything that happened. You had things shipped here off of Tony's credit card that he has for each of you. It was encrypted but I asked Stark and he gave me the info. Well actually it was Pepper, but he agreed. They are worried about you Clint. So am I. What happened? Let's talk like we always do." Coulson said lovingly. 

"There isn't much to talk about. I'm fine. Since you woke me up did you at least bring coffee?" He asked getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen. 

"Yes I figured we would need it." He said as he rushed to follow Clint.

Coulson and Clint sit down and start drinking their coffee in silence with Coulson staring at Clint and Clint trying to avoid him. After a few minutes of awkwardness Clint spoke up. "Why are you staring at me, I'm fine I told you." 

"Really Clint? You're fine. You're fine that's funny because this doesn't look fine. This isn't fine. Talk to me tell me what's been going on." Coulson said sarcastically. 

"You didn't have to come! I never asked you to come! Actually I asked everyone to stay away, so I don't know why you're here!" Clint screamed. 

"Clint, tell me what's wrong. Talk to me. You can't act like this forever." 

"No Coulson! Nothing's wrong as you can tell! It's not like I didn't destroy the house that was meant for my family! It's not like Elizabeth didn't die! It's not like Natasha didn't leave me! It's not like I can't stop having nightmares that people keep killing my family! It's not like I keep hearing a baby crying every time I think about Natasha! No Coulson! Everything is just fine!" Clint screamed sarcastically. 

"OK. Well one, you're oblivious. Two, pull yourself together you have work to do. Three, what the hell dude? And four, dude I'm here for you, you should have called me." 

"What do you mean I'm oblivious?" Clint asked offended 

"Seriously? You don't even know what's going on with your own wife and you've known each other for over ten years." 

"She's not my wife anymore. She left me." 

"OK, now you're an idiot." Coulson chuckled. "What happens when Natasha feels cornered, like there's no way out, what does she do when she finds out something really bad or something really bad happens?" Coulson asked sweetly. 

"I don't know! Why are we still even talking about her?" 

"Because you love her and you always will and ninety percent of your problems right now are because of her so you need to go get her and make up with her and bring her back home."

"Coulson I can't! She doesn't love me anymore!" 

"Oh my god! Clint listen to me. When something bad happens that Natasha cannot fix, she runs and whenever she runs you chase after her. You didn't run after her this time, what was she supposed to think?" 

"And that's somehow my fault? Because I have been mourning our daughter in a different way than she has it's my fault?" Clint screamed. 

"No. Well yes actually. She ran because you drank that bottle that we gave you guys for your wedding present. You guys said you were saving that for your first year wedding anniversary."

"So what? It was just a bottle of whiskey. I'll buy her another one if we ever get back together." 

"Clint..."

"Coulson can we stop talking about Natasha? Please! I can't. I'm trying to move on, but every time I think her I keep hearing a baby crying and I know that it isn't a coincidence so can we just stop! Please!" Clint shouted with a few tears coming down his face. 

"Clint. Why did you point that gun in my face this morning? What happened in your nightmare?" 

"It was nothing, it was just a bad dream it doesn't matter." 

"Clint tell me what happened right now, because you need to get your shit together."

"We got captured. Me, Nat, the baby. Natasha thought she hid the baby well enough so that they wouldn't find her, but they did. They killed her right in front of us, they did it to get information out of us, but neither of us would break so they killed her. Natasha called their bluff so they killed the baby. I was the reason we got captured. Natasha was furious after they killed our little girl, she went crazy, broke out of her restraints, started killing the guards. They shot her to stop her, but it didn't work so they finally restrain her and start torturing her as punishment and the only thing I could do was sit there and watch. It broke me, I've had that dream and other dreams like it since Natasha left. They won't go away, they won't stop. I don't know what to do." 

"Clint come here." Coulson said wrapping Clint in a hug. "Hey, it'll be OK. You'll get through this, but I need to ask you one question and I need you to answer me honestly OK? Do you still love Natasha?" 

"I love her more than anything, and I wish that she could she understand that and know that. The only reason I'm still here right now is because of our promise and I don't know if she broke it." 

"Then show her, tell her, go and get her. You know that is how the nightmares are going to stop, you know that is how your guys' life is going to get back on track. You know what you need to do." 

"I need to find her. I need to get her. I need to make sure she knows that I love her. I need her to know that this isn't her fault and I am a stupid man." Clint said with his signature smirk.

"Good. Come on. Let's get you showered, changed and ready to go. It's almost been two months since she left."   

"Yeah. Oh my god. I need to look for her. Can you help me straighten up a little while I shower. Actually you know what don't worry about that it's fine. I need your help starting to look for her." Clint said frantic.

"Yes, I know. Go. Get showered, changed and packed. I'll start the search." Coulson said shooing him away.