Chapter 3

-Eliena's POV-

Addy and I walked side by side, on the quiet street towards our house.

"How was school Elle?" she asked.

"Good!" I said, smiling.

Addy smiled at me and gripped on my hand.

"Yeah? What did you learn?" she asked.

"Umm...not that much" I said, smiling sheepishly.

Addy chuckled lightly, as she looked ahead.

"But, we started a new chapter in Math class and we had art with Miss Claudine!" I said, excitedly.

Addy looked at me, a smile creeping up on her face.

"Awh, that's great Elle!" she said hugging my side, placing a soft kiss on the side of my forehead.

I giggled, looking up at Addy and thinking-she was the best sister I could ever ask for.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I opened the front door, sighing with relief as I saw the couch empty signalling that my dad wasn't home.

The nervous knots in my stomach loosened instantly, and a small smile made it's way on my face.

The living room was a mess with pillows scattered on the floor, empty bottles of booze lying around, and particles of dust visible on the white floor.

Seeing this made me extremely uncomfortable and so as soon as I washed up, I started to clean the area.
Elle's face lit up when she realised she could watch TV as long as my dad wasn't there.

She switched on the Disney Channel, while I broomed the floor, threw away the bottles and tidied the couch.

As I went into the kitchen, I heard the sound of the TV switch off abruptly. I froze for a second, then sprint towards the living room where Ellie was nowhere in sight.

"Elle! Elle?!" I whisper-shouted, walking carefully around the living room.

Soon, I saw her timid figure hiding behind a shelf in the corner of the living room, her body shaking.

"Elle, oh my God" I whispered, my heart beating fast.

"A-Addy" she cried out, hugging me tight.

My eyes teared up and I looked around the empty living room for signs of my dad.

"What happened baby girl?" I asked quietly, breaking the hug.

"D-d-addy" she bawled.

My heart pounded as she said that, my hands shaking slightly. I looked around once again uneasily as Elle clung on to me.

"Shh...Elle, it's gonna be okay honey." I said trying my best to calm her down.

Her cries only increased, and soon I knew I had to take her away from the living room so my dad wouldn't see us.

I picked her up gently and slowly walked up the stairs and into the small spare room that actually had a door on it since the one in our room was now broken.

I set her down and locked the door, pushing two chairs near the lock, boarding the door as much as I could to stop him from trying to get in.

I sighed as I walked away from the door and sat down next to Elle as she silently cried.

"Elle, baby girl can you please tell me what happened?" I asked curiously.

She sniffled and wiped away her tears, looking at me.

"I-I was watching t-the TV, an-and I heard the door cl-click o-open so I switched off the TV and hid. D-dad-dy came in, a-and h-he h-had his fr-friends too.." she said, then suddenly stopped, her eyes tearing up again.

"T-the s-same f-friends that h-hit me t-that d-day" she said and burst into tears, dropping her head on my lap.

Tears escaped my eyes as she said this, and I held her close to me, the hate and anger against my father rising up inside of me.

The events of the day circled around in my head, making me feel afraid all over again.

-Flashback-

Elle and I were sitting in the living room, and while I did my assignment, she watched Disney.

The house was quiet. My dad was out.

Abruptly, the lock clicked open and before I could run up the stairs with Elle, my dad spotted us.

His eyes turned red, pure anger in them, and he marched towards me with the booze bottle in his hand. But, he wasn't alone.

His friends walked in, all of them drunk and one walked right towards a terrified Elle.

I cowered in fear, not having a way to protect Elle. I bought my hands up to protect my face, but it was too late before my dad smashed the bottle on the side of my head.

I yelped, the sheer pain that bought was enough for my tears to escape.

I heard a whimper, then a scream come from the other side of the room, and saw a red mark on Elle's face, and a cut-up lip with blood pouring out of it.

My eyes went wide as I saw the stranger raise his arm to slap her again and although I tried hard to get away from my father, he punched me in my stomach, making me scream out in pain.

He hit me continuously, and all I could do was watch him abuse me and helplessly hear the screams of my sister getting abused by strangers

-End Flashback-

When I snapped back to reality, Elle had fallen asleep, the tear tracks evident on her soft skin.

I kissed her cheek, and held her close to me, my heart breaking as I remembered the amount of pain she had been through for weeks after that incident.

From then on, I promised myself that never would I ever let her get hurt; not by my father and definitely not by some strangers.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong always❤