Chapter 62

-Demi's POV-

Mom-a three letter word. A word that, in this moment meant so much to me coming from Adeena.

My heart was warm, and my tears were flowing down as she called me that. I knew how hard it was for her to call me that, but I was so happy that she felt comfortable enough to be able to call me 'mom'.

I pulled away, wiping off my tears and gave her a big smile. "I love you too honey, more than you know" I said.

She blushed, and I chuckled, planting a small kiss on the side of her head. I picked up the plate of rice, and held it in my hand. Adeena's smile faded quickly as she saw the food, and her eyes were clouded with sadness.

"Addy...eat what you can okay? I don't want to force you but you need to eat baby girl" I said calmly.

She looked at me with her hazel eyes, the ones with pain lurking behind them. I sympathise, my heart breaking for her even more.

"I know you can do it honey" I whispered.

She looked at me nervously, biting her lower lip and nodding slowly. I kissed her forehead lightly, before getting up to give her some privacy. I didn't want her to think I didn't trust that she would eat, I didn't want to hover.

But surprisingly, she held my hand gently and I looked at her.

"Don't go. Please" she uttered.

I smiled slightly, nodding and sitting back down with her. She held her plate in one hand, removed her headphones and let me watch a movie with her as she slowly ate her dinner.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I found myself lying in my bed as I woke up in the middle of the night. Something took over me, and I suddenly felt too scared, as if my father would be around somewhere, waiting to hurt me again.

I sat up abruptly, hugging my knees close to my chest, too scared to move, and too weak to want to go to Demi. My body ached, my stomach growled even after half a meal.

I yelled in frustration, throwing a pillow at the wall in front of me. My tears rolled down effortlessly, dropping down on the back of my palms. I didn't wipe them away; didn't fight back. I was alone, no one was going to see me vulnerable.

I wanted to cut so much, the urge was growing stronger by the second. I grimaced when I slightly moved to get up. Sighing in defeat, I sat back down feeling even more powerless now. I tried constantly, knowing that I could not fight this urge.

Ignoring the blinding pain, I trudged towards the washroom. Fiddling inside the drawers, I found my blades. Keeping the rest away, I grabbed one and set the cold metal against my healing wrist. Without a second thought, I dug it deep and dragged it across harshly, wincing slightly. I continued the process until I had 20 stinging red lines on my skin, all of them oozing out blood.

Relief washed over me instantly, and I smiled ever so slightly at the burn that I felt; my demons were silent, my thoughts quiet and my mind numb.

After a few minutes, I hid the blade in the drawer again. I slipped on my hoodie, and walked back to my bed, laying down again. My built up emotions were finally released and I felt so much better.

My tired eyes shut eventually, a tear rolling down smoothly and falling onto my white pillow.
-

11:30 A.M.

A soft knock on the door interrupted my reading, and I set the book down after uttering a small 'come in'.

The door opened, and Ash walked in, her face breaking into a smile as she saw me. I smiled wide as I saw, and got up to hug her.

"Sit Addy. I know you're in pain" she said.

I sighed, sitting back down, the pain disappearing. She gave me a tight hug and sat down on the bed next to me as I scooted inside.

"Ash...I'm sorry you had to see all that yesterday. You shouldn't have" I blurted out.

"It's not your fault Addy. I'm sorry, I should've come sooner" she said, her voice sad.

My eyes grew wide. Was she really blaming herself?

"You have nothing to apologize for. You got there, that's what matters Ash. And I'll always be thankful that you did or else I don't know what situation I would be in right now, but it would most definitely be worse than this" I said.

She gave me a small smile, and I smiled back, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Let's watch something?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yes, please" she said, wiping away an escaping tear. I chuckled; she hated getting emotional.
-

-Demi's POV-

"Okay momma, I'll see you then! Take care, I love you" I said, ending the call.

My family was going to fly in for Christmas which was just a few days away. I had cancelled all my meetings and kept my schedule clear; I wanted Addy and Elle to celebrate a good Christmas this year.

Just as I kept my phone down, it rang again. This time it was Dave, the cop who had arrested Sebastian, the girls' father. I picked it up, curious as to what had happened.

Demi-Hey Dave.

Dave-Hey Demi. How are you?

Demi-I'm good, and you?

Dave-I'm great. Listen, someone has decided to live in the house, Adeena and Eliena's house. We normally do a sweep before anyone goes to houses like those, and we found a box of old photographs and things like that. Maybe the girls would want it?

I knew how much they missed their mother. They needed something to hold on to, and I wasn't going to deny them the opportunity.

Demi-Dave, that's great! You can mail it to us, I'm sure the girls would love it.

Dave-Sure. I'll catch up with you later Demi, take care!

Demi-You too!

I hung up, and smiled slightly. My little girls were going to get a good Christmas present.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star
🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤