Chapter 63

-Adeena's POV-

As I read the last page of my novel, I heard voices outside of my room. I could slightly walk today, and so I got down from the reading nook, and walked out.

"Hey baby girl. I was just gonna call you" Demi said, walking towards me.
"How do you feel?" she asked.

"Better" I replied, flashing her a smile.

She smiled back, kissing my forehead softly and holding my arm to support me as I walked. In front of me who was standing, was a gorgeous woman, someone I noticed almost immediately from social media.

"Addy meet Selena, and Sel meet Addy" Demi introduced us.

She smiled at me, her eyes glinting with genuine happiness. "It's good to finally meet you Adeena" she said, holding out her hand.

I shook her hand, and smiled slightly, "It's good to meet you too" I said. "I've heard your songs, I really like them" I complimented, my voice shy.

Her eyes twinkled and she beamed, "Thank you so much sweetie. I'm glad you enjoy my music" she said.

"I've watched your videos with mom. You two were definitely best friend goals" I said, grinning.

They both looked at each other, at the same time, beaming wide and laughing at my comment. I watched them, their friendship was so pure. I knew they had had their ups and downs, yet they shared a strong bond.

"Babygirl, I'm gonna hang out with Sel today. Do you need me to stay? We could hang out at home too, it's not a problem for us" she said.

I didn't want to be alone, not after what had happened with my father, but I couldn't be selfish. Demi had met Selena after so long, they deserved to spend some time together.

"I'll be fine mom. Do your thing" I said.

I guess Demi noticed my hesitation, and she walked closer to me. "You won't be alone baby girl, Mar is on her way" she said, pushing my messy hair out of my face.

"I'm here, I'm here!" I heard Marissa say as she walked up the stairs.

"Mar!" I exclaimed, happy to see her after so long.

"Aww, Addy!" she beamed, giving me a warm hug. "I missed you, my little angel" she said.

I chuckled, blushing slightly. "I missed you too" I said.

"Alright, we'll head then" Demi said, as Mar and I pulled away.

"Thank you so much for coming Mar. We'll catch up when I get home okay?" Demi said.

Marissa nodded in agreement, smiling at her best friend, "No problem D" she said. Marissa hugged Selena tightly before she left along with Demi.

Demi kissed Elle goodbye, who was currently in her room, and me as well before she quickly walked downstairs and out the door.

Marissa locked the door behind them, and walked back up to me. "What do you wanna do sweetie?" she asked.

I was glad that she wasn't asking how I was and what had happened. I was sick of people asking me that, and I knew Demi would have told Mar what had happened.

I pondered over her question, thinking hard, when Elle walked out of her room. "I wanna watch a movie!" she chirped.

Mar and I chuckled at her, and nodded in agreement. We all were obsessed with movies. "Disney?" I asked Elle as she sat beside me watching the TV screen.

She nodded happily, and I chose The Jungle Book from Netflix. Mar had already headed down to make us popcorn. I grabbed my phone from my room before getting comfortable on the couch.