Chapter 60

-Demi's POV-

Wilmer and I were sitting at the kitchen table, deciding on some wedding dates and arrangements when my phone suddenly rang.

Although it was an unknown number, I picked it up.

"Demi?" I heard someone ask, her voice sounding similar.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously.

"It's Ashleigh. Addy...Addy's missing" she stuttered.

I gasped slightly, quickly getting up from my chair. Wilmer saw my nervousness and got up instantly.

"I mean, she isn't missing entirely. She was at the hospital with Caelum when she left suddenly. I-I called to ask if she was alright, and-and she picked up. But, she doesn't know where she is" she explained, her voice running out of breath.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Okay honey, calm down. Breathe a little" I said softly.

"Did she say anything else?" I asked, as I looked up at Wilmer in fear.

"Y-yeah. She said there was an abandoned store near where she was. It was called Max's and Maxine's?" she said, her statement sounding more like a question.

I think I knew where that was.

"Alright. We'll-we'll go" I said, my voice engulfed with dread.

"Can-can I come too?" she asked, hesitantly.

"Yeah sweetie. I'll pick you up, just text me your address" I said and quickly hung up.

"Nena, what's wrong?" Wilmer asked immediately.

I struggled to get the words out, my words all tangled up. My baby girl;I just hope she was okay.

"It's Addy. She's lost" I said.

"Holy fuck" Wilmer breathed.

I fought back my tears and grabbed the car keys as soon as I got Ashleigh's address. "Wait! What about Elle?" Wilmer asked.

"Oh god. Umm...I-I don't know. What if something's happened to Addy? She wouldn't want Elle to see her like that" I said, my mind confused as to what to do.

"We need to bring her along, D. We don't have a choice" Wilmer stated.

I sighed tiredly, knowing he was right.
"Okay, you start the car. I'll bring her down okay?" I said.

He nodded quietly, and as I was about to walk up, I felt him hold my arm. I turned around to look at him, my eyes sad.

"She's going to be fine, baby" he said, quickly noticing my fear.

A tear dropped down my eye and I wiped it away, as I looked at him. A gave him a small smile, nodding in agreement. He kissed my hand, and walked out the door.

I rushed up the stairs, and knocked on Elle's door. "Elle? Baby, I'm coming in" I said, as I opened the door.

I saw her asleep, and I smiled at the adorable view. I picked her up carefully, and as I did, she moved slightly but still was asleep.

I walked out the door, placing her skinny body in the backseat and telling Wilmer the address to Ashleigh's house.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I stayed as still as I could, closing my eyes, desperately hoping that Ash was close. My anxiety was rising, when suddenly I heard his voice-close, yet distant in the narrow alley. His voice was so familiar, it made the hair on my skin stand up.