Chapter 12

-Demi's POV-

The worst part was yet to come, and Adeena and Eliena were both visibly terrified.

Wilmer was still with us but Adeena and Eliena were still afraid of him. I could see it bothered him, but he said nothing about it.

"I don't want to go back home" I heard Eliena utter to Adeena.

"Elle, it's okay. We don't have to stay there anymore." Adeena explained softly to her younger sister.

"I don't want to see daddy" Elle said.

I saw how Adeena's eyes watered up as the mention of her dad and immediately I held her hand reassuringly.

She looked at me, and smiled slightly but it soon faded and once again she was scared.

Wilmer, Adeena, Eliena and I got into the cop car with Dave, while two of Dave's other colleagues got into another one.

The car ride was filled with chatter, mainly between Wilmer and Dave but as soon as we reached the address Adeena had told us, the chatter died down.

Wilmer and I got out and I noticed how Adeena and Eliena give a terrified look to each other as Dave asked them to step out.

"Honey, I'll be there. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise" I said.

Slightly shaking, Adeena got out with Eliena gripping tightly on her hand.

Wilmer stopped me before I could make my towards the bricked house, as the girls and Dave walked up the stairs to the house.

"Néna, this man is an alcoholic and you know that. I don't want anything in there to trigger you. If you feel even a little uncomfortable, you tell me okay?" he said.

My heart warmed up with his words and I nodded in response.

"Baby, I'll be fine" I said and kissed his lips slightly before walking towards the house.

It took a while but abruptly the door opened and I saw the man who calls himself Adeena and Eliena's father.

Adeena and Eliena moved back subconsciously as his eyes landed on them. I walked over to them and wrapped my hands around their frail bodies in an attempt to keep him away from them.

I watched as he glared at them and noticed Adeena shaking. My heart broke for her, pangs of pain shooting through me.

Sebastian looked drunk itself, but the smell of alcohol that was clung to his clothes made it hard for me to push away the thoughts building up in my brain.

"Are you Mr. Sebastian Noel Harris?" Dave asked.

He tore his eyes away from his daughters and nodded at Dave, his eyes tired.

"Mr.Harris, we have a case filed against you. We're gonna need to take you down to the police station." Dave said upfront.

Sebastian stumbles, his eyes wide but at the same time it looked as though he wasn't able to process what Dave was saying.

And then suddenly, he started laughing. I looked at Dave, and the other two guys, a confused look on all their faces.

"We have a search warrant to check for any drugs that you may be possessing in your house" Dave said, walking slightly into the house.

Sebastian's eyes grew wide and angry.

"You will not come into my house!
I WILL NOT LET YOU!" he yelled.

"Sir, please step aside. Don't make us take extreme steps, because we will." Dave said, his voice intimidating.

Inevitably, Sebastian stepped aside and in we all went.

Sebastian stared at me with cold eyes and although he made me feel uneasy, I stared right back at him, the anger rising inside of me. Adeena and Eliena only slightly come inside the house, terrified of what their father would do.

I looked around the house and saw the many bottles of booze lying in the living room and some in the kitchen. The air in the house, hot and damp as no windows were open and the stink of alcohol was enough to make anyone gag out of disgust.

This is the kind of horrid environment they had to live in?

My heart hurt as I saw the mess of the house Adeena and Eliena were made to live in.

I spotted a broken door on one of the rooms up above, and another small room right next to it.

"There's nothing in here!" shouted one of Dave's collegeus and soon the other one yelled the same.

Dave walked out of the kitchen and I saw Sebastian smile cruely clearly thinking he got out of this situation.

"I have nothing in the house. You can't arrest me for something I haven't done." Sebastian said, his voice slurry.

"Sir, we have a case of child neglect and abuse against you. We're still going to have to take you to the police station." Dave explained and before Sebastian could even argue he was handcuffed.

"YOU CAN'T PUT ME IN JAIL! YOU HAVE NO PROOF! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" Sebastian yelled as he was pushed out of the house.

"We have all the proof we need Sebastian" Dave said and Sebastian's eyes snapped towards Adeena.

"YOU BITCH! I'M YOUR FATHER! I RAISED YOU! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" he yelled at her and although he couldn't move his hands he kicked her leg, sending her down to the floor, as she bumped hard into the closet that was by her side.

She winced in pain, tears flowing down her face. My eyes grew wide and I immediately went to her side, as she silently cried.

"I SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE! YOU'RE WORTHLESS ADEENA, YOU'RE THE WORST DAUGHTER ANYONE COULD HAVE!" he roared, hatred lacing his voice like venom.

Adeena started shaking in my arms, her tears flowing down continuously now and although her own father had said the most hurtful words to her at this very moment she watched him get dragged out and whispered, with the saddest and most vulnerable voice I had heard-

"I'm sorry daddy"
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Sorry for the late update. My exams finally got over!

*

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong always❤