Chapter 23

*Please read the message at the end of the chapter and feel free to give me your opinions or ideas on it*

-Adeena's POV-

When we got back home, Demi helped me carry all the bags up to my room.

"Demi...thank you for everything" I said suddenly.

She walked towards me after setting down my new laptop, and sat down.

"You don't have to thank me honey. You deserve all of this, and trust me, a lot more" she said softly.

The corners of my lips turned up into a shy smile and I fiddled with my fingers.

"I hope I can be half as good as your biological mother was Addy. I want you to know that you deserve a happy life" she said.

I looked up at her, and smiled. "You're a pretty good mother" I said.

"You think so?" she asked, her eyes glinting with amusement.

I nodded timidly, "Yeah" I said.

She smiled widely, and kissed my forhead. "I have two pretty great daughters who let me be a good mother" she said.

I smiled again, my cheeks heating up with her kind comment.

"I love you Demi" I blurted out.

She looked shocked for a second, but regained herself and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I love you too baby girl, I love you too" she said lovingly.
-

I spent my evening setting up my room. Demi helped me put up the curtains, and place my new novels in the bookshelf. She left me to organise my wardrobe, and I felt satisfied after I was done.

We had gotten new frames to hang on the walls but instead, I placed them on the empty shelves above my desk.

I got out the white rug that we had bought, and laid it down on the wooden floor, in the middle of the room.

There was an empty space near the balcony, where Wilmer suggested we set up a white hanging chair to go with the aesthetic of the room.

I looked at my laptop, and excitedly, picked it up and sat on my bed, ready to start it up.

I had never used a laptop before but, it didn't look that difficult to use, and so in no time, I had set it up with a new wallpaper, and protected it with a password.

Having nothing to do, I grabbed one of the novels from my bookshelf and sat on the reading nook.

The Sun in also a star, the book title read, and I felt giddy with excitement as I waited in anticipation to finally be able to read it. Reading calmed me, and made me feel like I could be part of someone else's story.

A soft knock on the door interrupted my reading. "Come in", I said, my eyes stuck to the book.

"Addy?" I heard Elle's small voice call out.

I set the book down, and looked at her. She walked towards me, and sat down on the cushion.

"What happened Elle?" I asked.

She looked up at me, and her eyes glistened with tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"We're never going to meet daddy again, are we?" she asked sadly.

Hurt spread across my heart at the mention of my father, but I held back my tears.

Instead, I pulled Elle close to me.

"No Elle, we aren't" I said honestly.

"He wanted to be good Addy, I know he did" she urged, her tears slowly escaping.

"I know it too Elle. But, we couldn't stay with him. He hurt us and abused us. No father does that to their child, baby girl" I said, not hiding the pain in my voice.

"But Addy...now we won't have a father" she said dejectedly.

"It's better than having an abusive one Elle" I explained.

She scooted closer to me, and I wrapped my arms around her petite body, pulling her in. She understood, I knew she did but in times like this, it wasn't easy.

She clung on to me as she silently cried and I could feel myself breaking, slowly. "I miss mommy. I miss daddy. I miss our family" she croaked.

My breathing hitched, knowing exactly how she was feeling. My arms tightened around her, only being able to give her physical comfort because I didn't know how to be emotionally stable.

"I do too" I whispered.
_______________________________________

Sorry the chapter is kinda short.

I'm thinking of changing up the ages of Elle and Addy, maybe to 7 and 11. Please let me know in the comments what you guys think of that!

*

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong always❤