Chapter 5

-Addy's POV-

The terrible pain travelled down my back as he pushed me hard into the wall.

I winced, yelling in pain; praying he would stop.

"D-ad! P-PLEASE S-STOP" I cried out.

"YOU'RE A HORRIBLE DAUGHTER!" he shouted.

His words stung, hit me hard like a ton of bricks and I let the tears flow down freely.

Elle cowered in the corner of the wall, too afraid to even run up to our room.

"E-Elle, r-run!" I screamed, but before I could lift myself off the ground, I was pushed down once again.

My dad looked me in the eyes as he held me on the ground, his brown eyes similar to mine, showed intense rage but within it too, I saw a hint of guilt before it was covered up as he slapped me hard.

"Die" he whispered into my ear.

I trembled on the ground, my body aching and my forhead bleeding.

"W-why?" I managed to cry out vulnerably.

"Becuase you...deserve it!" he spat, and walked away kicking the cupboard next to which Elle was hiding, laughing cruelly when she quivered.

He is a monster.

I lay helplessly on the ground, as the sadness and loneliness consumed me.
-

"S-stay away f-from me!" I yelled loudly, pushing back my dad's friend as he got closer to me, his rough hands sliding down my legs.

My body shook uncontrollably, my anxiety increasing and the tears welling up.

"You're a very pretty girl, Adeena" he slurred.

I cringed, the words that came from his mouth making me feel disgusting.

"S-st-stop" I whimpered.

"P-please" I begged, crying.

I averted his sickening gaze, looking at the ground instead, my tears spilling fast.

He held my face, snapping it to meet his gaze. I winced as his grip on my jaw hardened, and my heart beat fast as he lowered down, his eyes on my lips.

"N-n-noo!" I shouted, hitting his jaw as I tried to get out of his grip.

His hands roamed my waist and I cried miserably.

"D-d-addy!" I cried out.

"H-h-help m-m-me" I pleaded helpessly to my father who sat opposite us, sipping on his beer.

He paid no attention to what his friend was doing to me. Ignoring my pleads, he violently hit Elle as she trembled on the ground.

"Please stop!" I begged over and over again.

He smiled cruelly and as his eyes roamed my body, I felt ashamed; powerless.

He grabbed me closer, his hands roaming down my back, resting on my lower back, as I squirmed under his grip, sobbing and punching his hard chest.

"Please-d-don't d-d-do t-this to m-me" I implored.

"Your mother...was very beautiful too. I could never do what I wanted to with her, but one day I will do what I want...with you" he whispered into my ear, as he grabbed my waist tightly.

"And her" he added, looking at Elle.

My eyes widened at his horrendous words, rage building up inside of me. With all the strength I had in me, I pushed him away, and smiled slightly as he stumbled on the creeks of the floor.

"YOU WILL NEVER HURT HER" I roared, my voice loud yet scared.

"And who's gonna stop me? You?" he questioned, smirking.

He roamed his eyes over my body one last time, as he walked away, a sick smile on his face.

I gulped nervously, and ran towards Elle's weak body.

"Elle!" I cried out as I fell onto the floor next to her body.

I picked her shaking body, holding her in my arms, as I sat on the ground.

I looked at my dad angrily.

"WHY?! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO HER?!" I screamed.

My dad looked at me, his eyes angry and sad altogether.

"She deserved it, just like you do" he answered coldly.

"You make my life a living hell" he hissed.

My heart broke into a million pieces, the tears escaping my eyes like a waterfall.

"You're hopeless" I said to him, not caring whether he would hit me again.

I held Elle in my hands, carrying her gently up the stairs.

I set her down on to the bed, and she whimpered as I did so.

"I'm sorry, Elle...I'm so sorry" I wept.

I went quickly into the washroom, grabbing napkins and wetting them with cold water.

I bought them out and walked towards Elle, placing them on her bruised arm. I bandaged her bleeding wounds, the cuts on her cheek and jaw and calmed down her quaking body.

She cried silently and my heart ached hearing the pain she was in. Her cries resonated in the small room, every weep showcasing her hurt.

She fell asleep, exhausted and in pain, the tear tracks evident on her face.

I kissed her forehead lightly, as my tears spilled.

The guilt of not being able to protect my baby sister, the horrible encounter with my father's friend and the loneliness instilled by my dad made me feel weak and helpless.

I walked to my bag, grabbing the sharpener and, locking myself in the washroom.

I didn't want to feel this way anymore, sad, broken, helpless. I didn't want to feel anything.

As I sat down on the cold floor, I managed to detach the blade from the sharpener holding it firmly between my index and middle finger.

I set it on my arm. Knowing this was the only solution, I dragged it hard against my pale skin.

I held in my screams as I continuously dragged it, watching the beads of blood well up almost instantly.

I lay my head against the wall, the tears stopping. I felt myself going numb.

The comfort that I had been craving for so long, I had achieved through a simple act of mutilation.

A simple, but menacing act.
_______________________________________

If you're reading this, please know that this book is only fiction!

Self-harm of any kind is not the solution! Your body keeps you alive, please don't hurt it. Love yourself, no matter how hard or impossible it seems. Try to find the beauty that resides in each of you.

You are all beautiful and marvelous the way you are💗

*
Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom.

Stay strong always❤