Chapter 53

-Demi's POV-

I was dressed in my black ripped jeans, beige off-shoulder sweater, and brown boots, on my way to The Late Late Show with James Corden, for an interview.

I hadn't yet announced that I was engaged, and had refrained from posting any pictures that would spoil the surprise announcement.

I got down out of the Mercedes, and made my way inside the white building of James' show. I met some of the crew members I knew from before, and they quickly set me up with a microphone, telling me that I would be on in 5.

I took a quick look in the mirror, setting my wavy brown hair right, and smiled, excited to make my engagement announcement.

Backstage from where I was standing, I saw the lights flash out on the stage as James sat down on his chair. The crowd cheered, and then I heard James.

"Tonight we will be welcoming someone very talented, very inspirational, and personally one of my great friends. Let's give a big round of applause, for the gorgeous, Demi Lovato!" he beamed.

I smiled wide as I entered the stage, waving my hands at the bubbly audience. They applauded and cheered me on, as I gave a warm hug to James then sat down on the comfy couch.

"It's great to have you here Demi!" James marveled.

"Thank you for having me!" I said,  happily.

We spoke for a few minutes, as he asked me questions about any upcoming music or album. After a while he said-

"So what is this big announcement that you've got us all excited about?" he asked, intrigued.

I smiled wide, happy to be able to finally tell my lovatics.

"Wilmer and I are engaged!" I exclaimed, lifting my hand up to reveal the diamond ring on my ring finger.

The crowd went absolutely crazy, screaming with happiness and applauding. I laughed out loud, as my cheeks blushed crimson, and James looked at me with a completely surprised look.

"Holy shit! Demi, that is amazing!" he chimed.

I nodded vigorously, thanking the audience for such a warm response. "When did this happen?" he asked.

"We were on a trip with my family last weekend, at Miami. That's where Wilmer proposed" I revealed, my heart warming up just as I remembered that beautiful night.

Awes and applauds erupted from the audience making a wide smile break out on my face, and my cheeks turn redder.

"We are all so very happy for you, Demi!! Congratulations!" James rejoiced.

I smiled, "Thank you" I said grinning.

I gave him a big hug, and waved goodbye to the audience as I walked off the stage. The crew members gave me hugs, and congratulated me.

I got into the car, and in seconds, notifications started popping up, with joyous fans congratulating me and celebrities tweeting me. I smiled as I read them, and retweeted them.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I was sitting on the swing in my room, reading a novel when my phone buzzed next to me. It was a message from Asheleigh. Curious, I opened the app to check what it said.

Ash-Hey Addy! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?

Addy-Yeah sure! Where?

Ash-My place?

Addy-Sounds good! Send me your address and I'll be there in half an hour.

Ash-Cool!

I quickly shut my book and switched on my phone, leaving them both on the swing and walked to my closet.

I picked out my black jeans and a pastel pink top, slipping it onto my body. I gazed at my cuts-some healed, some itchy and, some still red. I hadn't cut in two days, and for that I was proud. But, I knew it wouldn't take long before I would relapse all over again.

I shut out the unwanted thoughts, and fought back the tears as I hid my arms with my blue denim jacket. I pulled my hair back into a half pony hairstyle, leaving the rest of it open. I wore the necklace Wilmer had given me for my birthday, and shut the dresser drawer.

I texted Demi, letting her know that I wouldn't be home when she'd arrive, and headed downstairs. Marissa was supposed to be here soon enough, and so I wasn't afraid of leaving Elle alone.

Just as I thought, the doorbell rang and I opened it as I reached the floor. "Hey Addy!" she beamed, giving me a hug.

I smiled slightly, hugging her back. I still felt awkward that Marissa knew, but I did my best to act normal. Elle walked out of the living room, her eyes twinkling as she saw Marissa.

"Mar!" she giggled, as she Marissa hugged her tight.

I chuckled, and walked towards the door, to open it.

"Hey, wait!" Marissa said, holding my hand.

Subconsciously, I snatched my hand away from her, wrapping it across my stomach. Sadness flashed across her face, and hints of anger were evident in her eyes. I looked away from her, and at the floor.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm meeting a friend" I replied.

"But, I just came" she said, sadly.

"I'm sorry Mar" I said.

"It's alright. Go ahead" she said.

I smiled and was about to walk away, when she stopped me.

"We're gonna have a talk once you get back" she said sternly.

Ugh!

I groaned internally, but nodded slightly. I got in the cab, and plugged in my earphones.

I felt terrible about not keeping my promise to Marissa. I knew she had kept hers. I lied, again and again, only to protect myself. I was consumed with guilt, and as always, sadness.
I felt the salty tears roll down my cheeks, and silently cried.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤