Chapter 74

-Eliena's POV-

I woke up to a decorated room; a banner that read 'Happy Birthday' hanging across the window, and balloons on either sides of it.

A wide smile broke out on my face. I was turning 9 today! I jumped out of bed, and rushed downstairs.

"Happy birthday, little angel!" Demi cooed, picking me up with ease and kissing my cheek.

I giggled, "Thank you!" I said.

"Your gift is in the kitchen. Come on" she said.

Excitedly, I followed her into the kitchen. She handed me a basket full of art supplies. I loved art, and I was so glad to have gotten brand new supplies. I thanked her quickly, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

Wilmer walked in minutes later, hiding something behind his back.

"Wanna know what I got for the birthday girl?" he questioned, smirking slightly.

I nodded vigorously, looking at him with hopeful eyes. He chuckled, and placed a bag onto the counter. I shrieked in excitement, as I looked at all the clothes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I rejoiced.

"No problem. Happy birthday sweetie!" he said, kissing my forehead.

I blushed, and ran up the stairs with the bag. I hadn't had a nice birthday in almost 2 years, and it felt good to have one after so long.

Someone knocked on my open door, and I turned to look towards the doorway.

"I got you something" Addy said, grinning.

My face lit up as she handed me a small wrapped box along with two stuffed toys. I ripped open the gift wrapping paper, only to see a gorgeous necklace in it.

"Addy, this is so beautiful. Thank you, thank you so much!" I said, slipping on the necklace.

"I will always love my baby sister, no matter what. Happy birthday, Elle" she said.

I didn't know why, but I had tears in my eyes. I hugged Addy tightly, holding on to her as if I would lose her if I didn't. A tear escaped soon enough, and she wiped it away without questioning it. This is why I loved her. She was caring, and always just there for me. She reminded me of our mother.

When we headed back downstairs, Maddie, Dallas, Grandma D, and Grandpa Eddie were all there. They all wished me a warm happy birthday and I was pulled in for hugs and kisses. The entire day was planned out. After breakfast, we would head to an amusement park, then a birthday dinner at night.

Although my birthday was the happiest one I had had in a while, it was also kind of sad. I didn't have friends who I could call for a party, who I could joke around with and play with. I was a 9 year old, and I so badly wanted to have a party with friends my age. I never imagined to spend my 9th birthday with a whole new family; without my real mother and father. I wasn't ungrateful though, Demi and Wilmer had done a pretty good job at being parents to both Addy and I.

I snapped back to reality when I heard Demi laugh at something Maddie had said. We were all sat at the kitchen table, having breakfast, when I suddenly spoke up.

"Can we call Aunty Elaine for dinner tonight?"

Everyone went quiet suddenly, but Demi smiled. "Of course baby" she said. I smiled back, and continued to eat my half eaten pancake.
-

-Addy's POV-

I picked up my ringing phone, walking away from my family, and into the kitchen.

"Hey baby" Caelum said, and the way he called my baby for the first time, it brought a smile to my face.

"Hi, I'm so glad you called! I miss you" I said.

I cringed a little, when did I become the clingy girlfriend?

He chuckled, "I miss you too" he said.

We started talking, and I told him about my aunt, leaving out the eating disorder details since he had no idea of my struggles and how messed up I really was. I intended to keep it that way. I told him about Ashleigh, and how I couldn't hide our relationship from her for any longer.

"I'm telling her when we meet tomorrow Caelum. She needs to know" I said.

He sighed, and I was aware that he was nodding in agreement, by the tone in his voice. "You want me to be there?" he asked.

I shook my head and realized he couldn't see me. "No. That might make it worse. I'll tell her on my own, it's okay. She's less inclined to kill her best friend"

He laughed, and I heard his mother's voice calling out to him. "Mum's calling me. I'll text you. Bye babe" he said, and hung up.

I smiled.

I think...I'm falling in love with him.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤