Chapter 75

-Addy's POV-

I was sitting on my bed, waiting for Ashleigh to say something. I had just told her about Caelum and I and ever since I did, she has been silent. I bit my lip in anticipation, eventually speaking up after 2 minutes.

"Ash? Say something. Please", I begged, my voice all hopeful and whatnot.

She sighed, "What do you want me to say Addy? My brother lied to me. My best friend lied to me. So tell me, what could I possibly say to that?" she interrogated. 

I felt terrible for keeping this a secret from her and Lord knows how much I regretted it.

"Ash...I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't want to lie to you, I never would want to"

"But you did, didn't you?" 

A blanket of guilt was wrapped around me, and I could no longer look at my best friend's face without wanting to punch myself.

"You didn't have to lie to me, you know. Or keep it a secret from me" she stated. 

I know. 

I merely nodded. 

"I would've been happy for the two of you, no matter what. And now, I'm happy for you but I'm also pissed" she revealed.

I looked up from the floor, "You're happy for us?"

She sighed, more like groaning in annoyance, "Of course I'm happy for you. You deserve each other. No matter how annoying and weird my brother is, I know he will never hurt you and I also know that you won't ever hurt him. So yes, yes I'm happy for you" she said.

With tears in my eyes, I smiled slightly. She shook her head, the corners of her mouth shaping up into a small smile. "Just don't ever lie to me again. I'm your best friend, you better tell me everything, I don't care how stupid it is" she ordered. 

"I promise you, I will never ever do that again Ash. I'm so sorry" I said.

"Oh shut up Addy. Just give me a hug" she said, her own eyes glistening with tears. 

I smiled brightly, and we hugged each other lovingly. I felt so relieved, like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. We pulled away and I wiped my tears off. 

"I hate crying" Ashleigh said, wiping her tears away. "Let's just go get some coffee, and forget this ever happened. You could tell me who asked out who first, because obviously I'm a sucker for romance and I definitely need to know how in the holy hell, you fall for my brother. Does that sound good?" she asked.

I laughed, "Before we go and do that. Have you forgiven me?" I asked.

"Yes, you idiot. Of course I have" she said. "Besides, without you, I'll be all alone at school and I do not want that. So you see, I don't really have an option, do I?" she joked. 

I rolled my eyes, chuckling slightly, and shaking my head. "Well then. Yes, it sounds great"
-

After a coffee at Starbucks, Ash and I headed to her house. Now that Ashleigh knew about us, Caelum and I hugged as we met, and I blushed when he planted a kiss on my cheek.

We watched a movie together, Ashleigh giving Caelum and I space to, as she calls it, "be cringey and annoying". All we did was cuddle as we sat next to each other, but Ashleigh kept giving me smirks from across the room, while I tried my best not to slap my oh so loving best friend.

Demi texted me, calling me back home since it was getting late, and as always, she was worried. I hugged Ashleigh goodbye, and Caelum walked me downstairs to the door.

"I'm sorry you had to tell Ash all by yourself. I know how nervous you were" Caelum said to me, as we stood on the white porch.

I shook my head, "It's okay Caelum. She didn't get mad at me. She was hurt though. It's alright now. We sorted it out" I said.

He nodded, and flashed me his adorable smile-the one where his dimples were seen. I held back my urge to kiss him right then and there, and smiled back. "You have such a cute smile" I complimented, chuckling.

His cheeks heated up, and immediately he turned away, smiling sheepishly. I grinned, and kissed his cheek before running off to my cab.

Before I got in, I felt him hold my hand. My heart fluttered, and I turned to look at him. He glanced down at my lips, and I could feel the butterflies rise up. I gulped nervously, my breathing becoming uneven, but in the good way. He tore his eyes away from my lips, and instead kissed my forehead lovingly. I still smiled though, and got in the cab, watching him walk back into his house.

I closed my eyes as I got into the cab, my mind drifting off to it's countless thoughts.

I was pulled back to reality when my phone rang. It was Demi.

Upon picking it up, I heard the fear in her voice, "Don't come home. Come straight to the hospital babygirl!" she said and cut the call, followed by a text sending me the address to the hospital.

I quickly told the cab driver to take me to the hospital instead, and he obliged. I was scared, my hands were starting to shake, and although I didn't know who was in the hospital or what had happened, I could already feel my tears welling up.

I was angry at myself; my life more so. Why? Why couldn't I just have one day where people I loved wouldn't be in pain? Why couldn't I just have one day where I wouldn't cry?

"Ma'am we're here" I heard the driver say.

I paid him quickly, held back my tears, and got out after thanking him.
I walked to the guy at the reception, told him my surname and he quickly found the room someone in my family was checked in.

"Thanks Marcus" I said to him, and sprinted up the stairs, past the crying babies and napping teenagers. I looked both sides of the hallway, walking down the right side one, when I saw everyone gathered outside a room.

Demi saw me instantly, and she got up. "What happened?" I asked, my voice timid and laced with nervousness.

"Baby girl...it's Elle. She's really sick"
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤