Chapter 46

-Adeena's POV-

We were all sat in the airplane, on our way to our family vacation to Miami! Elle was with Dallas, who she had grown completely fond of and I was spending my time with Maddie. Demi, Wilmer, Eddie and Dianna were all sitting ahead of us.

We had been on the plane for about 4 hours now, and now had only an hour to spare. I was cuddled up with a blanket of mine, while Maddie was evidently about to fall asleep.

"Mads, sleep for a while. We can finish the movie sometime later" I said.

She nodded her head, and quickly dozed off. I was tired, but not sleepy. I was glad that I didn't have to go to school for the next two days and that maybe, this vacation could be an escape from my struggles.

I watched the sky outside, watching the soft white clouds dance around. It felt strangely good to be so high up in the sky. I plugged in my earplugs and spent the remaining hour watching nothing but the blue skies.
-

We reached a beautiful cabin on the side of a private beach. I guess being rich does definitely have it's perks. The cabin had exactly four rooms, a living room and absolutely no wi-fi.

Elle and I took the room right next to Maddie and Dallas', while Demi and Wilmer took the one opposite ours. We all freshened up, and I got dressed into my hoodie and leggings.

As I walked out into the living room, I saw Wilmer sitting at the couch with a smile on his face. I narrowed my eyes in curiousity, as I sat down next to him.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked, eagerly.

"What? I can't be excited to spend some time with you guys?" he asked.

"Of course you can, but...you seem too excited. Do you have something planned?" I asked.

He smiled at that, but kept quiet. i smirked smartly, and excitement filled me up.

"Tell me, please!" I begged.

He laughed out loud, and sat closer to me. "You'll know soon enough, sweet girl" he said.

I frowned, but a small smile was stuck to my face.

What was he planning?
-

It was dinner time, and I wasn't looking forward to it. With so many people around, it was gonna be harder to not eat which meant I would have to purge.

We were on our way to a restaurant nearby the cabin. It was cold outside, the breeze soft but chilly. Demi and Wilmer had gone on a date, which I found completely adorable and Dianna and Eddie were with us.

Dallas was showing Elle the pictures of her work designs. The glitter, and the beautiful colours had allured Elle's mind.

Soon, we reached the restaurant and were seated at a table quickly. They handed out the menus, and everyone started to skim through them. My eyes darted around the menu, but my demons roared at me.

"I'll have the red sauce pasta, please" Maddie said, to the waitress that was standing by our table.

Eddie and Dianna ordered a steak, Dallas a chicken dish, while Elle too ordered herself a plate of pasta.

"Addy? What are you getting?" Dianna asked.

My mind went blank. I struggled to even think for a second before regaining my trail my thought.

"I-uh...I'll have the pasta too" I uttered.

You're not eating that.

You'll purge it.

You have to.

You need to be perfect.

I KNOW! I know I do!

"Addy!" Elle called out.

I snapped out of my daze, and looked at her.

"Yeah?" I asked, plastering a smile onto my face.

"You zoned out honey" Eddie stated.

"I-I'm sorry" I muttered, lookind down at my feet.

"It's alright" he said, flashing me a smile. I smiled back, though all my emotions were slowly building up.

Maddie patted my shoulder, and I looked at her.

"Are you alright?" she asked, her eyes filled with concern.

Lie.

"I'm fine" I said.

She sighed, and looked me in the eyes. "Addy...I need to talk-" she started to say, but got cut off by the waitress.

"Ma'am, your red sauce pasta" she stated politely, keeping both our plates in front of us.

"Hope you like it!" she gushed, and walked away after throwing us a pleasant smile.

I picked up the fork, digging it into the pasta. The top layers of the pasta was covered in cheese, and my mind immediately repulsed it. But, I had to force myself to act normal.

I stuffed the food into my mouth, gagging silently as it made it's way down my throat. All at once, the demons screamed at me. My mind had become a war zone, and I wasn't ready to fight.

Fat.

Don't eat.

Put the food down.

You'll never be perfect if you don't listen to us.

Purge. Purge. Purge.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled loudly. The entire restaurant went quiet, and everyone at the table looked utterly shocked.

"I-I'm sorry. I need to go" I spat out, and rushed towards the washrooms.

I slid down the wall as I entered the stall and sobbed uncontrollably, while my arms craved for the cuts to be made again. I didn't have a blade on me right now, so the next best thing to do, was purge.

I pushed two fingers down my throat, and the food made its way out. I gagged as I repeated the process over and over again, but nothing but water came out.

My demons hushed, and my mind felt calm.

I wasn't ready to go back out there and face my family. I knew they would ask me questions, and I knew I would have to lie. But what troubled me was, would they believe me?
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤