Chapter 35

-Adeena's POV-

Another Monday in school, another week of hell.

I tugged on my bag straps as I walked to class. The crowded halls, the noise, the heartful laughs, was starting to make my anxiety rise. I was scared for some reason, but I didn't understand why.

I kept looking over my shoulder as though my dad would appear out of nowhere. I needed to know if Elle was safe, but there was no way I could know until lunch.

I sat on my fear. My knees were constantly shaking throughout class, and my urges to cut were growing strong by the second.

By lunch, I had already cut myself twice. My arms looked horrific, and for a second, I freaked out. But, the relief it brought me always overpowered any other emotion I would have.

The bell rang loudly, and soon the classes emptied out with all the students walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

In seconds, the crowded halls grew quiet. I walked out of the high school building and towards the elementary building.

I walked into the building, and towards the cafeteria. I looked around the place, trying to spot Elle's brunette head.

The cafeteria was loud, and crowded. But, eventually I spotted Elle sitting alone, with her head down on the table. My heart broke watching her sit all alone when everyone else had their own friends.

But, I knew Elle had friends. She would always tell Demi and I that she was enjoying school and that her friends were really nice.

Then, what had happened?

"Hey baby girl" I said softly, sitting on the seat opposite her.

"Addy" she uttered, lifting her head up.

I smiled at her, and she gave me a very small smile back.

"What happened baby? Why are you sitting alone?" I asked, worriedly.

Her eyes teared up, and my worry grew.

"Sarah said she didn't want to be friends with me anymore. And everyone else agreed with her" she said.

Why would they do this?

"Oh honey" I cried out.

The tears flowed down her cheeks and I sat next to her, holding her close to me.

"It's okay Elle. You'll make new friends soon enough. Better friends" I said, trying to console her fragile heart.

I pulled away, and wiped her tears away.

"Why did you come here Addy?" she asked, sniffling.

"I just wanted to see you sweetie" I said.

She gave me a weak smile, but it soon faded.

"Did you eat lunch?" I asked.

She shook her head in response.

"Elle, you gotta eat" I told her, a hint of sterness edging my tone.

I'm a hypocrite.

She groaned slightly, before taking out her lunch bag out, and opening the wrapped up sandwich Claire had prepared.

"Did you eat Addy?" she asked.

I gulped, "Yeah, I did" I lied.

She nodded and soon finished her sandwich. I sat with her until lunch was over and then rushed to class. I had already missed two classes in the morning today.

The day dragged on, and I had successfully managed to avoid Aurora and her group.

I walked to Marissa's silver car, and got in.

"Demi's gonna come home tonight" Marissa said as she drove.

"She is?!" I asked, getting excited.

She chuckled, "Yeah, she is" she said.

I smiled wide and stared out the window.

"Since tonight is the last night I get to spend with you guys, how about we do something fun?" Marissa asked.

Elle's head piped up at that, and she eagerly waited to hear what Marissa had in mind.

"Movie and dinner?" she asked.

"Yeah!" Elle agreed, her eyes twinkling.

"You good with that Addy?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course" I said, although the mention of food had completely ruined my mood.
-

At night, Elle picked out a movie for us to watch. She picked out Maleficent, and soon enough we all got comfortable on the couch, with blankets wrapped around our bodies.

In the middle of the movie, the bell rang.

"Pizza's here!" she said.

Oh no.

In a few minutes, she came back up with the pizza box and three plates.

"Here you go" she said, handing me a plate with two slices.

Elle and Marissa started eating, while I struggled.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop my mind from counting the calories. My mind was now only focused on the food. The cheese, the oil, and the meat on it was making me nauseous.

"Addy, you okay honey?" Mar asked.

Elle looked at me with concern.

I faked a smile as best I could. "I'm fine Mar. Just tired" I lied.

"Eat, you'll feel better" she said.

No, I won't.

I sighed, and picked up a slice. I nibbled on it, and by the time the movie was over, I had only finished half a slice. I knew I had to finish one slice at the least, or else Marissa would get suspicious.

I quickly finished the other half, and rushed to the washroom once Marissa had gone downstairs.

I purged out all that I had eaten, and wiped away the burning tears.

I didn't understand why I had an eating disorder. Was it because of my dad? The bullies at school? Or was it because of something entirely different?
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤