Chapter 57

-Adeena's POV-

After a long journey, Ashleigh's parents had finally reached. "Mom! Dad!" Ashleigh beamed, as she sprinted towards them, engulfing them in a hug.

Sophia walked over to Demi and I. With a pleasant smile, she extended her hand out to Demi. "Demi, I'm Sophia. Thank you for staying here with my daughter. It means a lot both Arthur and I" she said, referring to her husband, who was standing right beside her.

Demi shook her hand, and smiled. "It was nothing. I'm glad Caelum's going to be fine" she stated.

Sophia hugged me tightly, and pulled away after a few seconds. "Thank you so very much Adeena. You're truly a wonderful person" she complimented.

I blushed slightly, and shook my head, "There's no need to thank me Sophia" I said.

"Well, I think we should leave now. I hope we meet again" Demi said to Sophia and Arthur. "Ashleigh, it was nice meeting you too. I'm looking forward to meeting you often" she added.

Ashleigh grinned and I chuckled. I gave her a small hug, and after looking at Caelum through the window, I left with Demi.

We headed downstairs and got into the car that was waiting for us. A herd a paprazzi followed us as we did so, but Max kept them away as they shouted out questions and comments to Demi.

After a silent ten minutes, Demi spoke up. I looked away from the window, unplugged my earphones and turned to face her.

"I'm buying Chinese takeout for lunch. What do you want?" she asked.

My breathing hitched, and I shook my head slowly. "I-I'm not hungry" I stated.

Her eyes stared into mine, and I immediately broke eye contact. "Baby girl, you need to eat. I'm not going to let you starve yourself" she stated sternly.

I groaned, and shook my head again. "I can't Demi, I-I just can't" I croaked.

"Baby girl, you can. I know you can" she urged.

I realized there was literally no point in arguing or trying to escape this misery because Demi would eventually make me eat. I was tired of fighting, so I caved. I nodded my head weakly, and let my demons scream at me.

Demi smiled in victory, placing a small kiss on my forehead as she got out of the car to buy the food. I sighed in defeat, burying my face in my hands in frustration.
-

When we got home, we were welcomed by a hyper Elle and a smiling Wilmer. "What's happening sweetie?" I asked Elle.

"Will and I baked cookies! And they're so good!!" she gushed, taking a bite of the cookie in her hand.

I laughed, my heart filling up with happiness.

"Well, I wanna try too!" Demi said to Elle.

Elle rushed into the kitchen and bought two cookies, placing one in my hand and the other in Demi's. My stomach twisted as I held the baked good in my hand. I stared at it and felt Demi's concerned gaze on me. I looked up at Elle, her eyes filled with hope, wanting to know how it tasted.

Hesitantly, I took a small bite of the cookie. The sweetness erupted in my mouth, and I smiled at Elle. "It tastes great baby girl!" I said, handing her the cookie.

"You can finish it. I'll have some more later, alright?" I added, obviously lying.

She nodded happily, taking it from me. Demi gave me a sympathetic smile and I looked at the floor, feeling guilty for lying to my little sister.

"What are we doing for lunch, babe?" Wilmer asked Demi.

"I got Chinese" Demi answered.

"Great! I'll set the table" Wilmer offered, taking the plastic bags filled with food from Demi.

"Have what you can baby girl. Start slow okay?" Demi whispered in my ear.

'I don't want to eat, Demi', I wanted to say, but quickly thought against it and nodded.

I trudged up towards the kitchen, sending a quick text to Ashleigh to text me when Caelum wakes up. For some reason, I wanted to go meet him, talk to him, be around him. I smiled shyly at the thought, but it faded as soon as I saw the food laid out on the table.

I took a seat next to Elle, and gazed at my empty plate. I couldn't do this, I knew it; I would purge right after. I wasn't strong enough for it.

"Addy, what do you want? Noodles or rice?" Wilmer questioned.

"Uhh...rice, I guess" I answered softly.

He nodded, and I handed him my plate. He filled up the plate with rice and two spring rolls. My stomach turned into knots and I felt physically sick.

Don't eat it.

I picked up the spoon, holding it in my hand.

You'll regret it.

I played around with the rice, filling the spoon up with some of it.

Don't. Do. It.

I felt Demi's gaze on me and sighed. She wanted me to do it, she expected me to. I didn't have a choice.

Listen to us.

I put the rice in my mouth, chewing it and gulping it slowly. Demi placed a reassuring hand on mine and I gave her a small sad smile.

My tears built up as I took another bite, hating myself so much more now than a second before. I was never going to get thin like this. I was never going to be perfect.

I had taken approximately five spoons of the rice when I could no longer push myself to finish it. I pushed the place aside, and sprinted out of the kitchen and up the stairs with tears streaming down my face.

I locked my door, and knelt down on the bathroom floor as I purged every last bit of food in my system. I grew tired quickly, and sobbed continuously as I lay in a fetal position on the cold floor.

No matter what I did, I would remain the fat, pathetic, ugly daughter who my father never loved.
_______________________________________

I am so sorry about the late update.

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤