Chapter 33

-Adeena's POV-

2 months later

It was the middle of Fall, my favourite season. But, what I didn't like was waking up and getting myself to go to the Devil's house.

Oh wait, did I say the Devil's house? Oops, I meant school.

After getting ready, I walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Good morning Adeena" Claire greeted.

Claire was the house-maid that Demi had employed about a month ago. Claire was kind, and helpful and had an adorable haircut that I loved.

"Good morning Claire" I said, smiling at her.

I got myself a glass of water and sipped on it, as I sat down on the dining table.

After a few minutes, she kept a plate of toast in front of me, and immediately my stomach churned.

"No breakfast for me today. I'm not hungry" I lied.

She looked at me with a quizzical expression, and before she could say anything, I said-

"Besides I'm getting late for school. Marissa should be here any minute now. I gotta go put on my shoes" I said, and scrambled out of the kitchen.

"Wait, Addy!" she called out.

Fuck.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Your lunch, sweetheart" she said, handing me a bag.

"Thank you" I said, faking a smile and grabbing the paper bag.

My eating disorder had been growing the past few weeks. Before, it started out slow, I would skip a meal every day, but now I hardly ate anything. I couldn't stop myself. Food made me feel sick, and my mind recoiled whenever somone asked me to eat.

I wasn't getting better, I was getting worse.

I walked upstairs, and suddenly bumped into Elle.

"Sorry" she said.

"It's alright" I chuckled. "You ready? Marissa's pulling into the driveway." I said.

"I'm ready" she said, and smiled.

I walked into my room, and slipped on my black converse. I took a look at myself in the mirror, and before the voices could speak up, I went downstairs.

As I was walking down the stairs, I Saw Marissa come into the house.

"Hey Mar" I said.

Marissa and I had gotten close over the months and now that Demi was out of town for work, she was dropping us off to school and picking us up too.

"Hey Addy" she said, and slung her arm around my shoulder as I reached her.

"Elle, come on honey! We gotta leave" Mar called out.

"I'll go grab my bag" I said, and walked into the kitchen where I had left my bag.

We said goodbye to Claire, and soon Elle and I were in the car and off to school.
-

My insecurities at school were the worst. Every single time I walked down the halls, I felt like people were judging me. No one in this place liked me and that was obvious, but it still hurt. A lot.

I walked into my English class, and took a seat in the back benches. Soon, the class started filling in and Aurora and her friends walked in.

Aurora spotted me in the back, and smirked.

No, no, no. Please don't sit near me.

"Whore" she spat, as she sat behind me.

I soon realized I was sitting between people who utterly hated me for a reason I still didn't know. Regan was sitting on the my left side, while Raven was sitting on my right, and Maya and Aurora sat behind me.

I could feel my anxiety building up, my legs were constantly shaking and my fingers felt cold.

"Adeena...tell us one thing. Why do you even exist? I mean, you already know you're unloved, worthless, and ugly. What's the point in living?" Raven taunted.

"Why not just kill yourself and do us all a favour?" Maya said.

They all snickered, as my tears built up. My hands balled into a fist, and I had to control myself from erupting into a fit of rage.

"Regan and Maya, quiet down back there! I can hear the murmurs" the teacher yelled at them.

Regan and Maya quieted down instantly, and I smiled slightly.

"Hey Adeena, what's it like being so fat? Do you purge? No? I suggest you start doing that, unless you wanna look this horrible your entire life" Aurora whispered into my ear, her tone sharp and hurtful.

I couldn't defend myself. I was weak and vulnerable and prone to abuse.
Her words were embedding into my brain as she spoke and until now I had a long list of the horrible things I was.

It felt like my heart was shattering with every single abuse she hurled at me, and I knew I needed a release.

"Miss, can I go to the washroom?" I asked, getting up.

"Of course" she replied.

I grabbed my bag, and as I walked out, heard their childish giggles.

Locking myself in a stall, the tears that I had been fighting back for so long, eventually poured out. I hugged my knees to my chest, and sobbed terribly.

Unloved.

Worthless.

The words repeated in my head, over and over again.

Cut. You deserve it.

I got out my blade and set in on my wrist.

Worthless.

I dug the blade into my skin harshly.

Ugly.

And dragged it across my skin. I had to hold in my screams as I watched the deep cut pour out blood.

Fat.

I didn't stop. I cut again, and again until my wrist was filled with deep, and long cuts.

The voices grew quiet and I felt at ease.

Though my wrist ached and stung, I liked the feeling of being physically hurt than mentally. I shut out my thoughts and the tears started to flow again.

I understood why no one wanted to be my friend, why no one liked me.

Why would they? I don't even like me.
_______________________________________

A/N: No matter what body shape you have, you are beautiful and you deserve to live a happy life. For all those struggling out there, I'm so proud of you all for holding on. It does get better. Believe in yourself, no matter how hard it seems, when you start loving yourself, it becomes easier. Don't lose hope and definitely don't stop fighting. If your sttuggles are tough, so are you You all are stronger than you think❤
*

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤