Chapter 45

-Adeena's POV-

I could hear my door open slowly, then close. I shifted in bed, my eyes squinting as they tried to adjust to the sunlight.

The first thing I saw as I opened my eyes were my bare cuts. Nervousness creeped into me, and I immediately hid my arms under the big blanket.

"Morning Addy" Wilmer said, as he sat on my bed.

I smiled at him, the tiredness not yet gone from my body.

"I came in here to wake you up, but you're up already. I'll leave you to get ready. Breakfast is almost ready, so be down in 10, okay?" he said.

I nodded, and only when he left the room did I get out of bed. I slipped into the washroom, taking a quick shower and getting ready for school.

I wore my black ripped jeans, pairing it with a long-sleeved beige sweater. I tied my hair up into a pony-tail, and slipped on my shoes.

Grabbing my phone, earplugs, and bag, I exited my room and walked downstairs towards the kicthen. Wilmer was making eggs, and Elle was already done with her breakfast.

"This is for you" Wilmer said, handing me a plate of scrambled eggs, and toast.

"I-uh...I'm not really hungry" I said.

"Come on, have a little bit" he urged.

I grit my teeth, admitting defeat and took the plate from Wilmer's hands. I sat down at the table, opposite from Demi. I stared at my food for what felt like forever, and only snapped out of it when I felt Demi's concerned gaze on me.

"Addy? Honey...you okay?" she asked, worried.

"Huh? Y-yeah, I'm good" I lied, faking a smile.

"You don't look it baby girl" she said, her voice soft.

"I'm good" I repeated.

I ate the scrambled eggs, feeling the calories build up inside me. My demons roared at me to stop, but Demi was onto something, and I didn't want that. I finished less than half of it, when I felt disgustingly full.

"I'll start the car. Elle, let's go" Demi said, holding Elle's hand.

"Thanks for breakfast, Wilmer. It was great" I said, grabbing my bag.

He flashed me a smile, and I left the kitchen, sprinting up the stairs. I went into my washroom, and purged everything I had just eaten.

My throat ached, and my eyes puffed up. I splashed some water om my face, and popped a mint into my mouth.

I walked downstairs, and towards Demi's car. I got inside and shut out my thoughts as I plugged in my earplugs, allowing Ruelle's soft voice drown into me.
-

-Demi's POV-

Something was wrong with Adeena, and I knew it. For the past few weeks, I had only suspected that she was hiding something. But now, I was sure.

Every time I saw her, she looked weaker and somewhat sadder. I was now able to differentiate between her actual smile and her fake one. And today, when I asked her if she was alright, she faked a smile. She lied.

Her eating habits were terrifying me, and I could only hope that it wasn't what I thought it was-an eating disorder.

I was scared, and concerned. She wasn't my biological daughter, but ever since I had met her, I saw myself in her. She was my baby girl, and I wasn't going to let anything bad happen to her.

I needed to know what was wrong, and I needed to know as soon as possible.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I felt myself getting pushed to the floor. I fell straight down onto the marble floor, my knees instantly bleeding.

I looked up, and saw Aurora. Along with her were her other friends too, and this time, they all were ready to hurt me bad.

"Pathetic shit" Regan spat at me.

"You're such a disgrace to the Lovato family, do you know that? You don't belong with them" Aurora stated.

That's the first time anyone had said that to me, and it hit me hard.

I got to my feet, stumbling once or twice. I felt someone grabbing my hair, and Aurora slapped me hard across my face.

I winced in pain, the tears building up to my eyes. I grit my teeth in anger, and pushed her as hard as I could. This only provoked her, and she grabbed my arm roughly. Her hands grazed my cuts, through the fabric, and I whimpered like a puppy.

"You're so weak Adeena" she laughed.

My tears rolled down my cheeks, and I could do nothing to stop them; to pretend to be strong or even stand up for myself.

I belived whatever they said was true-that I was weak, pathetic, fat, ugly and worthless. All of it, had come from own father too and I knew it to be nothing but true.

I felt my rage rise up abruptly, and this time I didn't hold it back.

"WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO YOU!" I screamed at her.

Anger flashed across her face, and she came close to me.

"You existed, honey" she said, coldly.

My heart dipped, and I could feel my heart ache. She walked away, laughing at my miserable state, and her friends followed her. I ran towards the washrooms, locking myself in one of them small stalls.

I sobbed uncontrollably. I couldn't stop my tears. They had been bottled up for so long that now, it was all flowing out.

"You're a worthless daughter!"

"Pathetic"

"Weak"

"Fat"

"Disgrace"

"STOP!" I yelled out loud, only realizing seconds later that they were my own thoughts.

I clutched my head, and brought my knees close to my chest. It felt as though someone was ripping my heart right out. I ached all over; physically and emotionally.

I didn't know how long I would be able to take this pain, but I knew it wasn't much longer.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤