Chapter 28

-Demi's POV-

Wilmer and I woke up around 8 in the morning. We would leave by 9 to go to Briarwood, the school we had all decided on. The most convenient thing about this school was that they had different blocks for Elementary, Middle and High School.

Briarwood was a public school and although I had horrible memories in school, I hoped that Addy and Elle would have a good time.

When we reached, we were greeted by the Principal-a lady in her early 30s, with a slight British accent and a friendly yet intimidating attitude.

She told us all about the History of how Briarwood came to be, their syllabus, and all the rules and regulations. We were given a diary to take back home to Elle and Addy, so they knew the rules to abide by.

Briarwood had initially started off as only an Elementary school, but as the years passed by it grew.

Now there were 3 completely different blocks, one was the Junior School block, where Elle would study, the Middle school block and the Senior (High) School block, where Addy would study.

I liked the idea of having all the grades under one institution, but apart from the other's influence at the same time.

After about two hours, we had admitted Addy and Elle into the school and they were asked to join by Monday.

It was almost 1, and so Wilmer and I decided to buy Chinese takeout for lunch, and spend the afternoon with my little daughters, watching movies.
-

-Adeena's POV-

The house was quiet today, the only sounds were the slight chatter and giggles from the hall outside my room. Elle's voice was easy to make out, but I couldn't make out the other person's voice.

Afraid Elle was with someone we didn't know well, I sprinted out of my room. As I opened the door and walked out, I saw Kelsey. The fear that was building up in me faded, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Morning Adeena" Kelsey said, smiling at me.

"Morning" I uttered with a small smile, and sat down next to Elle.

"Demi and Will have gone out. They should be back soon" Kelsey said to me.

I nodded understandingly, and watched as Elle and Kelsey finished the round of Uno cards they were playing.

I got up after a few minutes and went into my room, locking my washroom door and taking a warm shower to ease my loud mind.

Getting out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel. The small voices in my head were starting to speak up as I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror.

Not good enough.

Worthless.

Stupid.

Ugly.

Those were only some of the things they said before I broke down crying on the floor of my washroom.

I didn't know how what my insecurities stemed from but my guess was my father, and the bullies at my old school.

Ever since I was 10 years old, the kids at school had picked on me, calling me fat and ugly. Now whenever, I looked in the mirror, I saw what they saw- just an ugly girl, who was never enough to deserve her father's love.

I was sobbing by now. My shaking body and my inability to breathe made me understand that I was having an anxiety attack.

My heart was breaking and although I knew had to stop my anxiety attack from worsening, I craved for some love.

Looking around my bathroom in sort of a daze, I stood up. Grabbing my blade, I sat back down on the floor and slit my arms knowing it would give me relief.

I forced myself to take long deep breaths, and after a long time, I felt my breathing go back to normal. My arms were stained red with the dried up blood and my eyes were getting drowsy.

I got out of the washroom, and slipped on a long sleeved shirt, and my black shorts. Although, I so badly wanted to get back into bed I heard Demi's voice call out my name.

I pulled the sleeves of my shirt down to cover the fresh cuts, and made sure no tear tracks were evident on my face.

Breathing deep, I eventually walked out of my room and put on a fake smile for everyone to see.

"We've bought Chinese takeout!" Demi said happily.

I smiled at her, hiding my pain and sat down next to her on the couch.

"Kelsey left?" I asked as she was nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah. Just a few minutes back baby girl" Demi answered.

I nodded and took the plate of noodles Demi handed to me. Again, I didn't want to eat. I had already skipped breakfast, but I was in no mood for anything that would only make me fatter than I was.

"What movie should we watch?" Wilmer asked as he skimmed through the various Family movies on Netflix.

"How about Alice in Wonderland?" Demi suggested.

"Alright. You kids okay with that?" Wilmer asked Elle and I.

We nodded, and I smiled at him as he sat down after playing the movie.

"We got you an admission in Briarwood. You both will have to start by Monday" Demi told Elle and I before the actual movie started playing.

"Okay" we both muttered, and soon we all were engrossed in the movie.

I felt tired, not physically but instead mentally and emotionally drained. My arms were stinging and paining continuously from my cuts.

I played around with the strings of noodles on my plate, only taking a few bites now and then. Halfway through the movie, Demi pulled me closer to her and I cuddled into her.

I left my plate beside me on the couch and eventually fell asleep on Demi's lap.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong always❤