Chapter 8

-Addy's POV-

I couldn't believe that Elle and I were in the car with Demi Lovato! It was surreal.

But, what I could really not get myself to believe was the way I broke down in front of her, a complete stranger.
I didn't understand how I knew, but I could feel it in my gut that she was truly someone we could trust.

The only thing I was afraid of was my father and the only question running in my head-what would happen now?
-

"We're here" Demi announced as the car slowed to a stop.

My eyes widened and Elle's jaw dropped, her eyes glinting with amusement.

Demi's house was big, it was basically a mansion, and a gorgeous one too.

Demi held Elle's hand and led us towards the house, opening the door and letting us in before her.

"Oh my God" I uttered.

"You live here?!" Elle asked, clearly amused.

"Well...I don't live here, I live in LA. This is my parents house. It's where I grew up" Demi said, slightly chuckling.

Elle blushed, smiling wide.

"Feel free to look around, I'll be back" Demi said, giving me a warm smile.

Elle walked away into the living room, while I glanced at the photo frames stuck on the walls. There was always something so beautiful about pictures.

I smiled as I looked at Demi's old pictures, she was always so pretty; something I urge to be.

I grazed my hands over another frame, stopping when I saw two other girls with Demi in it.

"That's Dallas on my left. She's my elder sister, and the one on my left is Maddie, my younger sister" Demi said from behind me.

I jumped slightly, twitching suddenly thinking it was my father and forgetting for a split second that I was at Demi's house.

"Hey, you okay?" Demi asked, worry evident in her voice.

"Y-yeah. I-I'm fine." I muttered, the fear building up inside of me.

Demi put her hands on my shoulders cautiously, turning me to face her.

"Adeena...you're shaking" Demi uttered.

I looked at my hands as they vibrated and my legs suddenly feeling wobbly.

"I-I..." I tried to explain but Demi hugged me close when she realised I couldn't get the words out.

"Shh...it's okay. I've got you" she consoled me.

I wrapped my shaking hands around her waist, letting the tears escape.

I cried silently, and Demi hugged me all the while until I had calmed down.

"What happened sweetheart?" she asked.

"I-I t-thought it was m-my f-f-father" I stuttered, as I stared at the floor.

"Oh honey..." Demi said, her voice sad, hurt.

I looked up at her, and she hugged me once again, holding me close.

And for the first time in so long, I felt safe.
-

-Demi's POV-

Slowly, I was starting to understand that my assumptions of their situation were unfortunately right.

Adeena cried hard and I could do nothing but hug her and try my best to comfort her.

I knew now that I knew what they were going through, I needed to help them. I couldn't send them away knowing what I was sending them into.